Deleting Vista

arges86

Distinguished
So,

i installed Win7 on a second hard drive the day it came out last year... so now i have a dual boot w/ Vista. I'm running out of hard drive space. Besides deleting Vista in 'msconfig' and then reformatting the hard drive, is there anything else that i should do?
I recently had a ton of boot loader issues w/ my PC after i improperly got rid of Linux (GRUB boot loader was being a pain, and ect.)

Thanx for any thoughts before i mess up my PC again.

Jonmor68

Distinguished
As Herr_Koos said be sure you can get W7 to boot before touching the Vista drive, unplug it before attempting to fix the W7 boot problem.
I tried to fix the W7 boot using the install disk and repair disk as described on the sevenforum doing the repair 3 times, but failed big time. I kept getting system partition not found error.
I gave it away and will do clean install when I get a new drive.
It seems that method of fixing the boot works for those that have the 100mb partition, presumably when there are 2 partitions on the same drive.
I don't have a 100mb partition for W7 on either drive Vista or W7.
A better option may be to change the boot option to make Vista boot first, disconnect the W7 drive and do a clean (custom) install on the Vista drive, the delete the Windows.old folder that W7 creates.