quickie

I got a Asrock (aka assrock so ive been told) mb, faulty so this weekend i am taking it back to get it replaced or get a different one..

should i get same ? asrock P4VT8+ and hope the next one isnt faulty, or should i just spend a lil more (lil being a hint here) and get a different board altogether, has to run a 2.6 celeron, if so, suggestions of brands which are reliable and have good support would be nice :)

thanku
have a good day

If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
5 answers Last reply
More about quickie
  1. I suggest you get a ABIT with teh 865 chipset.
    Only one I can find on neweeg:
    <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127174" target="_new">Click!</A>

They where among the top rated 865/875 motherboards! Not sure about this particular one!

Oh and for the quickie.
    *gets in*
    *gets out*
    ...*hopes he didnt leave anything behind*...

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0
  2. I have had very good results with Abit. I have no experience with Asrock.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
    And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
    So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
  3. And what leads you to beleive that this is a bad motherboard instead of an user's error in assembling?

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red>
  4. because i discounted user error :P

If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
  5. Wow, a P4 motherboard with a VIA chipset, that's like buying "ground meat" at a roadside stand instead of "ground beef" in a grociery store!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards ASrock Product