Purdude

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2004
This one is pissing me off. I finished my new PC and I've moved into my dorm leaving a lot of my cd's at home, so I don't want to reinstall XP right now, I think it's a mobo issue.

My new PC:

Antec True 330watt PSU
MSI K8N Neo4 SLI
Athlon 64 4000+, integrated nvidia 10/100 and creative sound blaster
Geforce 7800GTX
1gb (2x 512) Geil DDR PC3200
160+250 gb IDE Seagate Drives
Pioneer DVR-109 vid card
XP Pro SP2 (it's a legal copy)

When I'm playing any knid of computer game I'll get a blue screen after anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours. It's a memory dump with the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error or the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Just now during a Counter Strike crash, I got a tcpip.sys file association with the PAGE_NOT... leading me to of course suspect the integrated ethernet b/c I was guessing it was that or the sound since it was an IRQ related error. The RAM and hard drives test ok, I have the latest Nvidia video card drivers and Nforce drivers. I'm not overclocking anything, because when I pushed the video card or the CPU even a little bit I'd get either constant memory dump errors or the BIOS would'nt boot at all.

Another issue I'm not sure about is my case temp is a lot higher than I'm used to, 39 degrees Celcius at idle. Could this also be a possibility? Also the PSU is pretty weak but I'm not sure if it would give error messages like this. Even more mysterious is the fact that this error occurs in offline games and I've used my internet for hours with just surfing and had no problems.

Needless to say, this is my first and last MSI board. I've never had any trouble like this with Abit and Gigabyte. I can't overclock this thing, and with no adjustments, the thing is very unstable with these blue screen errors.

Would a PCI (versus my integrated) network card fix this? Should I attempt to debug windows? Is there a hotfix? Any help would be appreciated, this one is getting on my nerves.

<b> Life is about gettin laid and getting paid...so hookers have it made </b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by purdude on 08/19/05 00:16 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

jl989z

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2005
330W PSU is too low that would be my 2cents worth.

Compaq S5000nx
yes the one with an asus mobo and non exsistant apg slot. It was free so dont yell at me LOL.

Purdude

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2004
Yeah it was a freebie and the same PSU in my old computer is very quiet while this one is a little louder and the air coming out of it is quite hot. Now that I think about, my PC did crash once during a dvd copy, do you think this network related error can be caused by a weak PSU with a weak rail?

<b> Life is about gettin laid and getting paid...so hookers have it made </b>

Purdude

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2004
Just ordered an Anetc True 480, that should do a lot better.

<b> Life is about gettin laid and getting paid...so hookers have it made </b>

TRENDING THREADS