Minimum System Requirements

Ian

I am looking to put an old Pentium MMX, Win 98SE desktop in my daughter's
room with a wireless PCI adapter to connect to the home network. Is there a
minimum system requiremement for wireless? It works well enough on a wired
network.

Thanks,

Ian

If the wireless adapter you purchase says its supports win98, you should be
ok. . A lot of cards you buy have outdated drivers so check the manufactures
web site for the latest updates.

"Ian" <ianstock"antispam"@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> I am looking to put an old Pentium MMX, Win 98SE desktop in my daughter's
> room with a wireless PCI adapter to connect to the home network. Is there
> minimum system requiremement for wireless? It works well enough on a wired
> network.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Ian

Scott

Ian,

I put a Netgear PCI adapter card in my daughter's Gateway 300mhz PC with
Win98 First Edition. It works great with my Linksys wireless router. It even
handles WEP encryption with no problem.

Scott