  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
November 2, 2004 7:29:08 PM

I am looking to put an old Pentium MMX, Win 98SE desktop in my daughter's
room with a wireless PCI adapter to connect to the home network. Is there a
minimum system requiremement for wireless? It works well enough on a wired
network.

Thanks,

Ian

More about : minimum system requirements

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
November 3, 2004 7:15:09 AM

If the wireless adapter you purchase says its supports win98, you should be
ok. . A lot of cards you buy have outdated drivers so check the manufactures
web site for the latest updates.

"Ian" <ianstock"antispam"@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:D ZShd.10956$dj2.593132@news20.bellglobal.com...
> I am looking to put an old Pentium MMX, Win 98SE desktop in my daughter's
> room with a wireless PCI adapter to connect to the home network. Is there
> minimum system requiremement for wireless? It works well enough on a wired
> network.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Ian

November 5, 2004 11:49:55 PM

Ian,

I put a Netgear PCI adapter card in my daughter's Gateway 300mhz PC with
Win98 First Edition. It works great with my Linksys wireless router. It even
handles WEP encryption with no problem.

Scott

!