Minimum System Requirements

I am looking to put an old Pentium MMX, Win 98SE desktop in my daughter's
room with a wireless PCI adapter to connect to the home network. Is there a
minimum system requiremement for wireless? It works well enough on a wired
network.

Thanks,

Ian
2 answers Last reply
More about minimum system requirements

    If the wireless adapter you purchase says its supports win98, you should be
    ok. . A lot of cards you buy have outdated drivers so check the manufactures
    web site for the latest updates.

    "Ian" <ianstock"antispam"@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > I am looking to put an old Pentium MMX, Win 98SE desktop in my daughter's
    > room with a wireless PCI adapter to connect to the home network. Is there
    > minimum system requiremement for wireless? It works well enough on a wired
    > network.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ian

    Ian,

    I put a Netgear PCI adapter card in my daughter's Gateway 300mhz PC with
    Win98 First Edition. It works great with my Linksys wireless router. It even
    handles WEP encryption with no problem.

    Scott

    Ian wrote:

    > I am looking to put an old Pentium MMX, Win 98SE desktop in my daughter's
    > room with a wireless PCI adapter to connect to the home network. Is there a
    > minimum system requiremement for wireless? It works well enough on a wired
    > network.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ian

Wireless Pentium Internet Wireless Networking