Windows 7 driver for old Thrustmaster Steering Wheel

stephen650

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
I have a Thrustmaster Force Feedback GT Racing Wheel (also known as a Guillemot Race Leader). It's a first class steering wheel and I would love to get it up and running on my Windows 7 64-bit machine.

I've tried all the drivers from the Thrustmaster support website (none of them mention my wheel by name as being supported). Win7 just won't recognize any of them as valid drivers.

Anyone know where I might find a valid driver, or is there anything I should be doing to make sure the drivers I have are installed properly?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

GlenG2

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
Finally a driver that will work on Weiner 7 for my Thrustmaster Nascar Pro Wheel! I don 't why I couldn't find this before, I've been searching for one after I upgraded from XP to 7 and this solution has been posted since 2011! What's the matter with my giggle searches? It has only now found one?

Thanks to carl7125 for this post, I can now finally play NASCAR 2003 on my W7 PC instead of having to have a separate XP system to play the game!

As for NASCAR 2003 it is still the best NASCAR sim out there! I've tried the others and nothing can compare with it! Wish the guys of the old Papyrus would get back together and do a new one!

Lizzy Love

Reputable
Sep 11, 2014
I am having a similar problem with my Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel on my Windows 8 laptop. The Thrustmaster website does not offer driver download for this wheel for Windows 8 and when I spoke to their call center they told me that it should already be ready to go on windows 8. They gave me instructions on how to update the driver manually using the device manager and choosing from a list on my computer. However they said that 2 should come up one from 2006 and one from 2009 neither of which come up all that comes up is xbox 360 peripherals with 3 different drivers none of which work.. Thrustmaster has washed their hands of me saying that its a microsoft issue however when I contact microsoft they wont help me unless I pay them $99 so after doing everything I can possibly think of to do I have run out of options short of asking the community for help which is now what I am attempting. I am soooooo frustrated at this point and would be greatly appreciative if anyone has any suggestions for me. thanks so much!

Alex Player

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
Hi Lizzy - DId you ever find a solution ? I seem to be in the same hopeless boat :(

Lizzy Love

Reputable
Sep 11, 2014
Yes we did actually! I ended up speaking with a thrustmaster rep and he walked me thru installing the proper driver which I guess was not doing at first. We had to change some settings to make it possible to download but in the end we got it working. I would highly recommend calling thrustmaster as that was the only way I was able to get it working was with there help. But actually they did show me where all the instructions are actually on their site but I was missing them at first but I was able to find them with their help so they are there. I will see if I still have the email with the step by syep from them, if I do I will come back n post it for you. Good luck!!

Lizzy Love

Reputable
Sep 11, 2014
OK I do have the email but I don't think it will help you however it does have a link that will help you so here is where you need to go ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/ ok everything you need to know and do to get it working you will find at that link. But if ur still having trouble just call them and don't give up lol I say that because the first person I talked to there, a woman who made things worst lol and she is the one who sent me the email lol which is why I don't think it will help you lol however I did call back again and speak with a man who got me up and running with that link so give that a try and if need be call back several times til u get someone who knows what their doing lol . I wish I could remember step by step what I did but I don't sorry. And I don't want to try and remember and make things worst for u if I'm wrong. Good luck it is possible!!!!!

Alex Player

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014

Thanks for this - I did have it working, not long after my first msg - and since then I have re-installed my computer and have forgotten how I managed to get it working (as I had tried ALOT) and I happen to stumnle upon your posts. Thanks for your help, I will try you link to see if it helps. Cheers for everything !!!

airpg

Reputable
Dec 16, 2014
Hi,

I purchased the Thrustmaster force feedback wheel recently, but I didn't managed to get it work on my computer based on windows 8.1. I followed the link below and tried to install it, but it don't go further than the step "connect your device". May I ask you how did you do?

Pierre-Gilles