NASA Releases Unreal Engine MMO Preview Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

marraco

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
Soil particles removed by wheels are wrongly rendered. They should move faster (no air resistence), and contrails should being wider, because of the lower gravity.

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Cool idea, I guess...but what's the point of this game? Looks like a very slow-paced Farmville on the moon. What are we trying to accomplish?

geossj5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
[citation][nom]fusion777[/nom]Music is way too epic for what you know is gonna be a slow and steady MMO[/citation]

lolll exactly what i was thinking
but really its a game by NASA the quests will most likely revolve around collecting rock samples

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
NASA used to be the worlds leader in space exploration and now it is a joke. Their #1 priority under the Obama regime is not space but to reach out to Muslims. I have to ask a common sense question when I read about this, WTF does that have to do with space exploration but what do you expect from the worst president in US history.

danish_2828

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]NASA used to be the worlds leader in space exploration and now it is a joke. Their #1 priority under the Obama regime is not space but to reach out to Muslims. I have to ask a common sense question when I read about this, WTF does that have to do with space exploration but what do you expect from the worst president in US history.[/citation]

You need to quit watching Fox News it's warping your brain

Agges

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
Looks interesting, content wise it could be a good distraction from the usual games..

[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]NASA used to be the worlds leader in space exploration and now it is a joke. Their #1 priority under the Obama regime is not space but to reach out to Muslims. I have to ask a common sense question when I read about this, WTF does that have to do with space exploration but what do you expect from the worst president in US history.[/citation]

It can't be easy to clean up after Bush!

blasterth

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
They want a large numbers of person to apply to be astronauts so they can pick the 10 "perfect" candidates from a big pool and send the other 99.99% back home seeking for a new dream.

gzhang

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
It is really not government agency's role to advertise themselves with tax payer's money. NASA has became bloated and inefficient. They use out of date computer languages that have no chance of drawing young able software engineers.

And to be fair to Obama, the 3 biggest one day deficit increases are under Bush, double the size of the education department and started 2 wars that are money drains. So sometimes an in-effect leader is better than a hyperactive leader. But it is just pains me to wait for the oil to fill the ocean.

sirmorluk

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]danish_2828[/nom]You need to quit watching Fox News it's warping your brain[/citation]

Actually it was on Al Jazeera with an interview with the director of NASA.
But I guess if you want to believe it was on Fox news then more power to you.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]danish_2828[/nom]You need to quit watching Fox News it's warping your brain[/citation]

My father has been working for NASA the since the start of the Shuttle Program and what regulas said is in fact correct. The Obama administration does want NASA to reach out to Muslims and Muslims countries. However it is NOT the #1 priority but actually listed as the 4th or 5th priority for NASA. Their #1 priority is still listed as space exploration so I would not worry too much. That will take up so much they may not even get to the whole reach out to Muslim deal.

sirmorluk

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]gzhang[/nom]It is really not government agency's role to advertise themselves with tax payer's money. NASA has became bloated and inefficient. They use out of date computer languages that have no chance of drawing young able software engineers.And to be fair to Obama, the 3 biggest one day deficit increases are under Bush, double the size of the education department and started 2 wars that are money drains. So sometimes an in-effect leader is better than a hyperactive leader. But it is just pains me to wait for the oil to fill the ocean.[/citation]
Actually to be fair the 3 largest single day increases are Obama's. And 6 of the top 10 single day debt increases have occurred in the past 2 years under both Obama and Bush.
"Daily debt calculations jump and fall, and big shifts are common. But all three of the biggest one-day debt increases have occurred under the tenure of President Obama, and all of the top six have been in the past two years - an indication of just how quickly the pace of deficit spending has risen under Mr. Obama and President George W. Bush." Citation-todays copy of the Washington Post.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]Parrdacc[/nom]My father has been working for NASA the since the start of the Shuttle Program and what regulas said is in fact correct. The Obama administration does want NASA to reach out to Muslims and Muslims countries. However it is NOT the #1 priority but actually listed as the 4th or 5th priority for NASA. Their #1 priority is still listed as space exploration so I would not worry too much. That will take up so much they may not even get to the whole reach out to Muslim deal.[/citation]
The point of the matter is that none of NASA's priorities should have to do with reaching out to Muslims or Muslim nations.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008

are you even reading your own posts?

sirmorluk

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]sirmorluk[/nom]Actually to be fair the 3 largest single day increases are Obama's. And 6 of the top 10 single day debt increases have occurred in the past 2 years under both Obama and Bush."Daily debt calculations jump and fall, and big shifts are common. But all three of the biggest one-day debt increases have occurred under the tenure of President Obama, and all of the top six have been in the past two years - an indication of just how quickly the pace of deficit spending has risen under Mr. Obama and President George W. Bush." Citation-todays copy of the Washington Post.[/citation]
Sorry it is the Washington Times not Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.