Hi Friends,

Here is what I experienced:

I bought a brand new Computer.
-P4 3,4GHZ 1MB Cach
-2GB Kingston 400er Ram
-HIS Radeon x850 256MB
-ASUS P5LD2 Motherboard with SATA II

I had Some Harddrives, and CD Roms.

Now I put everything together, install windows XP SP2 and once its installed I first install the drivers for the Chipset. Then I installed the VGA Drivers and so on.
When I wanted to install the Audio drivers, nothing happened. Either way weather I ran the CD and installed from there, or I richtclick on the unknown Device and Update Drivers there it didnt do anything, I had no Sound HW installed.

So I restart and check the BIOS all is well.

I go back to windows and press on Add hardware, I say Let me choos the device (or something along the LIne) and then I chose audio and game controller etc. I ran through the installation looked perfect. But as it was suposed to be done I got a Blue screen which I wasnt able to Read cus it went by too fast and the Computer Reboots.

I treid:
-Disabling the Soundcard in BIOS
-Updating BIOS
-New drivers from the manufacturer
-Unplugged all cables and devices from the MB
-Installed WIndows again, installed windows 2000 to try..
no result whatsoever, ohh yes actually, in Windows 2000 it didnt crash when I installed Drivers, but then the Device was not able to start with a yellow "!" on it
etc.

I tried alot, but I am at an end I have no clue what to do. On monday Ill prolly send it back for warranty if I cant fix it by then.

Thanx alot for your help.
Regards
ChefKoch

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Its probably your PSU. It takes a very high quality PSU for these systems. Also, you bought a board that is very problematic. That board needs to be sent back ASAP. The only reason to have considered that board was for SLI and you have an ATI card. Get the ASUS PW5D2 Premium, its the best board on the market for this setup.

What PSU do you have?

ASUS P5WD2 Premium
Intel 3.73 EE @ 5.6Ghz
XMS2 DDR2 @ 1180Mhz

<A HREF="http://valid.x86-secret.com/records.php?PHPSESSID=792e8f49d5d9b8a4d1ad6f40ca029756" target="_new">#2 CPUZ</A>
SuperPI 25secs