Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard

Torpedo55

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2005
Me and my friend about going to buy dual core processors but the motherboard we want doesn't list if it's compatible with the AMD X2 processors, the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe. The Premium Edition does support AMD X2 but it's more expensive and not that good as the Deluxe Edition. I notice that some peoples computer specs. say they have Dual Core with the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe. Newegg, and Asus's website don't say if they are X2 are compatible. It's a very easy question but can't find it anywhere. Im surprised no one else had the same question as me. Please help, I want to know if the AMD X2 processors are compatible with Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard. Thanks

emogoch

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2005
Yes, the board is compatible, it'll just need a BIOS update first. And why would you think that the premium isn't as good as the deluxe. There are only 3 differences between them, all of which (IMO) make the premium a better board:
1) Fanless chipset cooling, thanks to the heat pipe
2) BIOS based SLI switch vs. the "paddle switch" on the deluxe
3) Comes with an updated BIOS that'll take the X2's by default.

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
I have a Asus A8N SLI DLX and I a conforming that it is compatible with X2 altough you need bios upgrade and nvidiachipset driver 66.65 or 66.66 so Install windows on soe athlon64 then upgrade the processor to X2.
Or goin for premium as have posted prviously the chipset fan on the Asus A8N SLI DLX can and will give you problem.

Hope to help everybody I can.