AGP 8x mobo?

Hey guys, new to the forum community, though I've been lurking off and on for awhile. I am planning to build myself a new system, but I want to save the GeForce 6800GT that my wife got me for xmas last year. Currently this card is sitting in a 2.5 ghz p4 Dell box with an AGP 4 slot (yeah, I know, almost a crime that). I know that many of the new top-end mobos are pcie. I am wondering if there is a good choice of mobo that will take a dual core AMD 64 and has an agp 8x slot. Thanks for any help.
5 answers Last reply
More about mobo
  1. Yep, socket 939 does dual core and nForce3 chipset does AGP. Get a mobo with those 2 things and you'll be happy. Epox, DFI, MSI are some of the best brands currently, and Chaintech (I think - my memory's being flakey today) is decent if you're looking for cheap.

Mike.

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside the dog its too dark to read.
    -- Groucho Marx</font color=blue>
  2. Thanks very much for the info. I will look for a board with those characteristics. Am I likely to give up much performance going with the nForce3 as opposed to a newer architecture?

Thx again.
  3. Nope. Performance is on par with nForce4, Basically, nForce3 is AGP, nForce4 is PCI-Express, the rest is about the same.

Mike.

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside the dog its too dark to read.
    -- Groucho Marx</font color=blue>
  4. Thanks a lot guys :). I'll probably be bugging you all with a bunch more questions as I spec this thing out.
  5. I have the Epox 9NDA3J. Excellent board at a good price, though lacking in features (only 2 SATA ports on-board for instance)

---
    <font color=red>"Life is <i>not</i> like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapeńos - what you do today might burn your a<b></b>ss tommorrow."
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards