Are new vzw towers digital only?

VZW added a couple of towers in my rural(hilly) area within the last
2-3 years and is currently adding another--neither of the first two
appear to have analog capability---do any of the newer towers have
analog---in that I still have an old analog account with 3 watt
bag--with these new digital towers my handheld works in more places
than before---but the 3 watt phone will still work in places that a
handheld is useless.---I know the answer, but was just asking.
30 answers Last reply
More about towers digital only

    You are correct in saying that the new towers that VZW is activating
    are digital only.

    "Harry Krause" <piedtypecase@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > --
    > Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!

    Really? Abraham Lincoln (he freed the slaves) was a Republican. Not sure why
    I should thank a liberal because I am alive and not in jail....

    On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 19:07:36 -0400, George wrote:

    > "Harry Krause" <piedtypecase@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> --
    >> Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!
    >
    > Really? Abraham Lincoln (he freed the slaves) was a Republican. Not sure why
    > I should thank a liberal because I am alive and not in jail....

    Liberals don't believe in putting criminals in jail. After all, it's not
    their fault they're a criminal - they were beat as a child, discriminated
    against, etc.......

    Strongbox wrote:
    > Liberals don't believe in putting criminals in jail. After all, it's not
    > their fault they're a criminal - they were beat as a child, discriminated
    > against, etc.......

    What a load of bullshit - I am a liberal and yes, there are plenty of crimes
    for which prison is the proper punishment. There are also other things that may
    come into play that need to be dealt with...

    Don't let facts ruin your rant, though. And I'm sorry, this has nothing to do
    with wireless phones.

    > Strongbox wrote:
    >> Liberals don't believe in putting criminals in jail. After all, it's not
    >> their fault they're a criminal - they were beat as a child, discriminated
    >> against, etc.......
    >
    > What a load of bullshit - I am a liberal and yes, there are plenty of
    > crimes for which prison is the proper punishment. There are also other
    > things that may come into play that need to be dealt with...

    I'm curious-- for what crimes is jail *not* the appropriate punishment--
    save kidnapping, rape or murder of course, for which execution rather than
    incarceration is appropriate.

    Dan'l.

    Daniel Dravot wrote:

    > I'm curious-- for what crimes is jail *not* the appropriate punishment--
    > save kidnapping, rape or murder of course, for which execution rather than
    > incarceration is appropriate.

    You support throwing people in jail for jaywalking? (For example)

    It *is* a violation of criminal law, is it not?

    Lots of our jails are already out of room. Yes, I think people should
    definitely get thrown in the can for misdemeanors like jaywalking. You're
    absolutely right.

    Oh yeah? Liberals are traditionally weak on punishment. Not BS.

    > What a load of bullshit - I am a liberal and yes, there are plenty of
    crimes
    > for which prison is the proper punishment. There are also other things
    that may
    > come into play that need to be dealt with...

    me anymore. I have three kids.

    That's the obnoxious condescending response when you have no better answer.
    Good one.

    Alan M. wrote:

    > That's the obnoxious condescending response when you have no better answer.
    > Good one.

    So jaywalking should be illegal?

    Sorry... make an obnoxious, condescending generalization about a group that I'm
    a part of and I tend to reply in kind.

    And it's still offtopic for this particular newsgroup.

    Steve Sobol wrote:

    > Alan M. wrote:
    >
    >> That's the obnoxious condescending response when you have no better
    >> answer.
    >> Good one.
    >

    > So jaywalking should be illegal?

    Duh, sorry, I meant "punishable by jail time."

    On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 19:07:36 -0400, "George" <george@nospam.invalid> chose
    to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

    >"Harry Krause" <piedtypecase@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!
    >
    >Really? Abraham Lincoln (he freed the slaves) was a Republican. Not sure why
    >I should thank a liberal because I am alive and not in jail....

    In those days, the Republicans were liberal and the Democrats were
    conservative. (Ever heard of "southern democrats"? They were the ones who
    wanted to keep slavery in place.)

    As for not dead or in jail, it's because the ACLU works so hard to keep you
    from being unfairly tried and sentenced to death.

    http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
    "If you ain't where you are, you're noplace." - Col. Sherman T. Potter

    On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 12:56:49 -0700, Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> chose
    to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

    >Daniel Dravot wrote:
    >
    >> I'm curious-- for what crimes is jail *not* the appropriate punishment--
    >> save kidnapping, rape or murder of course, for which execution rather than
    >> incarceration is appropriate.
    >
    >You support throwing people in jail for jaywalking? (For example)
    >
    >It *is* a violation of criminal law, is it not?
    >
    >Lots of our jails are already out of room. Yes, I think people should
    >definitely get thrown in the can for misdemeanors like jaywalking. You're
    >absolutely right.

    I have an acquaintance who says all prison cells should be 3'x3'x6' with no
    light, no bed, no toilet, just a hole in the floor, once a day they open
    the door and give you just enough food to keep you alive, and once a week
    they open the door and hose down you and the cell. The idea is that
    criminals won't want to go back to it, so they won't commit more crimes.
    The problem I see is that a lot of them will still do the crime, but
    they'll be a lot more willing to kill people, including cops, to avoid
    going back to it.

    http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
    "Oh, Hawkeye, the tent is spinning around." - B.J. Hunnicutt
    "Which way?" - Hawkeye Pierce
    "Cuh-lockwise." - B.J.
    "Mine's going counterclockwise. Maybe together we're sober." - Hawkeye

    > Daniel Dravot wrote:
    >
    >> I'm curious-- for what crimes is jail *not* the appropriate punishment--
    >> save kidnapping, rape or murder of course, for which execution rather
    >> than incarceration is appropriate.
    >
    > You support throwing people in jail for jaywalking? (For example)
    >
    > It *is* a violation of criminal law, is it not?
    >
    > Lots of our jails are already out of room. Yes, I think people should
    > definitely get thrown in the can for misdemeanors like jaywalking. You're
    > absolutely right.

    In most jurisdictions, jaywalking is an offense rather than a crime. Take
    out your college logic textbook (you did go to college didn't you?) and look
    up "reductio ad abusrdum" and them compare the definition to your response
    to my post;-)

    Dan'l.

    Daniel Dravot wrote:

    > In most jurisdictions, jaywalking is an offense rather than a crime. Take
    > out your college logic textbook (you did go to college didn't you?) and look
    > up "reductio ad abusrdum" and them compare the definition to your response
    > to my post;-)

    Yeah, yeah, well... perhaps next time y'all should be a little more specific. I
    interpreted you quite literally.

    > Daniel Dravot wrote:
    >

    >> In most jurisdictions, jaywalking is an offense rather than a crime. Take
    >> out your college logic textbook (you did go to college didn't you?) and
    >> look up "reductio ad absurdum" and them compare the definition to your
    >> response to my post;-)
    >

    > Yeah, yeah, well... perhaps next time y'all should be a little more
    > specific. I interpreted you quite literally.

    Consider changing your sig to "Concrete thinker and damned proud of it."

    Daniel Dravot wrote:

    > Consider changing your sig to "Concrete thinker and damned proud of it."

    Heh! I like that! :)

    On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 12:56:49 -0700, Steve Sobol wrote:

    > You support throwing people in jail for jaywalking? (For example)
    >
    > It *is* a violation of criminal law, is it not?

    Jaywalking is a local statute usually of a summary class offense (like
    illegal parking). It's not a felony class violation.

    Another liberal bending the facts.

    Strongbox wrote:

    >>You support throwing people in jail for jaywalking? (For example)
    >>
    >>It *is* a violation of criminal law, is it not?
    >
    > Jaywalking is a local statute usually of a summary class offense (like
    > illegal parking). It's not a felony class violation.

    You didn't specify that you were talking specifically about a felony. Try
    harder to support your side of the argument next time.

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 02:55:32 GMT, David S wrote:

    > As for not dead or in jail, it's because the ACLU works so hard to keep you
    > from being unfairly tried and sentenced to death.

    Usually only if you are a minority or career criminal.

    davidlind@my-deja.com (David L) wrote in

    > That darned Antennex mount weighs quite a bit and having that extra
    > mass swinging on the end of long pole can get a little tricky. Need a
    > lighter mount, any ideas?

    Sorry....I don't.

    Beam antennas are very useful where the reflecting signals come in almost
    as strong as the direct signals....That's why TVs use beams...to get rid of
    the ghosts.

    On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 16:27:39 -0700, Steve Sobol wrote:

    > Strongbox wrote:
    >
    >>>You support throwing people in jail for jaywalking? (For example)
    >>>
    >>>It *is* a violation of criminal law, is it not?
    >>
    >> Jaywalking is a local statute usually of a summary class offense (like
    >> illegal parking). It's not a felony class violation.
    >
    > You didn't specify that you were talking specifically about a felony. Try
    > harder to support your side of the argument next time.

    Summary class offenses usually result in fines being imposed.

    Misdemeanors and felonies are those classes of crimes that most people
    associate with prison sentences.

    Larry W4CSC <noone@home.com> wrote in message news:<Xns9561F1F681AF0w4csc@63.223.5.244>...
    > davidlind@my-deja.com (David L) wrote in
    >
    > Beam antennas are very useful where the reflecting signals come in almost
    > as strong as the direct signals....That's why TVs use beams...to get rid of
    > the ghosts.

    Yeah, but I thought CDMA could use those "ghosts" to increase signal strength?

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:16:40 GMT, Strongbox <strongbox@no.mail> chose to
    add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

    >>> Jaywalking is a local statute usually of a summary class offense (like
    >>> illegal parking). It's not a felony class violation.
    >>
    >> You didn't specify that you were talking specifically about a felony. Try
    >> harder to support your side of the argument next time.
    >
    >Summary class offenses usually result in fines being imposed.
    >
    >Misdemeanors and felonies are those classes of crimes that most people
    >associate with prison sentences.

    The question was about crimes; it did not specify a class of crime.

    http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
    "You'll get your pants all schmutzy." - C.J. Cregg to Sam Seaborn

    David S wrote:

    > The question was about crimes; it did not specify a class of crime.

    Yeah, but none of that matters when you're liberal-bashing.

    What I've found is that there are some idiots all over the political landscape.
    Liberals, conservatives, and everything inbetween... doesn't matter

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 03:32:06 GMT, David S wrote:

    > On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:16:40 GMT, Strongbox <strongbox@no.mail> chose to
    > add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

    >>> You didn't specify that you were talking specifically about a felony. Try
    >>> harder to support your side of the argument next time.
    >>
    >>Summary class offenses usually result in fines being imposed.
    >>
    >>Misdemeanors and felonies are those classes of crimes that most people
    >>associate with prison sentences.
    >
    > The question was about crimes; it did not specify a class of crime.

    The class of crimes issue came up during the discussion of which crimes
    warranted jail time. Please re-read the thread.

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 21:59:17 -0700, Steve Sobol wrote:

    > David S wrote:
    >
    >> The question was about crimes; it did not specify a class of crime.
    >
    > Yeah, but none of that matters when you're liberal-bashing.

    See my response to David's post.

    > What I've found is that there are some idiots all over the political landscape.
    > Liberals, conservatives, and everything inbetween... doesn't matter

    No arguement here. That's why I feel obligated to respond to them.

    On 12 Sep 2004 20:55:26 -0700, davidlind@my-deja.com (David L) chose to add
    this to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

    >Larry W4CSC <noone@home.com> wrote in message news:<Xns9561F1F681AF0w4csc@63.223.5.244>...
    >> davidlind@my-deja.com (David L) wrote in
    >>
    >> Beam antennas are very useful where the reflecting signals come in almost
    >> as strong as the direct signals....That's why TVs use beams...to get rid of
    >> the ghosts.
    >
    >Yeah, but I thought CDMA could use those "ghosts" to increase signal strength?

    Ssshhhhh!!! Larry's an older guy. Don't confuse him with facts.

    http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
    "Let's do this right." - Leo McGarry
    "Not much chance of that." - Josh Lyman

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:36:32 GMT, Strongbox <strongbox@no.mail> chose to
    add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

    >On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 03:32:06 GMT, David S wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:16:40 GMT, Strongbox <strongbox@no.mail> chose to
    >> add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

    <snipped bit reinserted>

    Daniel Dravot wrote:

    > I'm curious-- for what crimes is jail *not* the appropriate punishment--
    > save kidnapping, rape or murder of course, for which execution rather than
    > incarceration is appropriate.

    <end reinsertion of snippage>

    And Steven Sobol responded:

    >>>Summary class offenses usually result in fines being imposed.
    >>>
    >>>Misdemeanors and felonies are those classes of crimes that most people
    >>>associate with prison sentences.
    >>
    >> The question was about crimes; it did not specify a class of crime.
    >
    >The class of crimes issue came up during the discussion of which crimes
    >warranted jail time. Please re-read the thread.

    I did. With the above question restored, the thread is now complete. Daniel
    Dravot did not ask for which felonies or misdemeanors jail is not
    appropriate, he asked which *crimes* and Steven Sobol responded with an
    example of one.

    http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
    "If you see one, it's probably mine." - Miss Iowa (2000) Theresa Uchytil,
    warning other Miss America contestants that she sometimes leaves her
    prosthetic hand lying around

    David S wrote:

    >>The class of crimes issue came up during the discussion of which crimes
    >>warranted jail time. Please re-read the thread.
    >
    > I did. With the above question restored, the thread is now complete. Daniel
    > Dravot did not ask for which felonies or misdemeanors jail is not
    > appropriate, he asked which *crimes* and Steven Sobol responded with an
    > example of one.

    Although he does post relevant on-topic stuff sometimes, Daniel seems to like
    to troll...

    > Larry W4CSC <noone@home.com> wrote in message
    >> davidlind@my-deja.com (David L) wrote in
    >>
    >> Beam antennas are very useful where the reflecting signals come in
    >> almost as strong as the direct signals....That's why TVs use
    >> beams...to get rid of the ghosts.
    >
    > Yeah, but I thought CDMA could use those "ghosts" to increase signal
    > strength?

    No, that would be magic....(c;

    Timing errors caused by reflections are what keeps the speed to near dialup
    connections. The faster the data, the shorter the pulses, the worse the
    timing errors. It isn't rocket science to see its gonna cause switching
    havoc, which it does.

Verizon Internet Service Providers