Sign in with
Your question
Closed

MoH Open Beta Performance Problems

Last response: in Video Games
October 5, 2010 6:58:54 AM

I'm getting a crappy FPS in the MoH open beta and I know my PC isn't that new (bought 2 years ago). But it still runs pretty much every other game maxed out just fine.

I'm playing the game on 1440x900 (monitor's max) but with everything turned DOWN! Lowest detail. Vsync off, no AA etc. I get between 20 - 45fps (according to FRAPS) and whenever I look at the FPS display I seem to be getting about 30/35fps average.

My specs:

Windows 7 64bit
E8400 (3ghz)
4GB DDR2 800
CrossFired 4870's

BTW - once I turned everything down in game, I noticed everything wasn't so bright and glowing and I could actually see! Don't developers know how to make good graphics anymore? I'd rather play with whatever fancy crap that made everything look radioactive off!
October 5, 2010 12:32:42 PM

The recommended requirements for the MOH beta are:
Operating System: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7
Processor: Quad Core 2.0 GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM+
GPU: 512 MB of VRAM with Nvidia GeForce GTX260 or ATI Radeon 4870
HDD Space: 2 GB
Sound: DirectX 10 compatible
DirectX: DirectX 10
Disc Drive: 16X CD/DVD Drive

So im guessing that it doesnt run too well on dual-cores
Score
October 5, 2010 12:37:19 PM

The fact that it's in beta should be enough for someone to not complain about overall performance and visuals to anyone but the actual MoH forum so they can optimize it better.
Basically, it looks and has the same setting requirements of BFBC2 like it should; hopefully the game turns out to be better optimized for dual cores as well.
Score
Related resources
October 5, 2010 9:12:53 PM

Meh. How did they mess that up? It's the same engine! Bad Company 2 runs great on my rig!
Score
October 5, 2010 11:29:08 PM

I downloaded from AMD. It works flawlessly. I personally know 3 people who downloaded from Steam and are having problems. Are you the 4th ?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling. Or try another download site and do it all over again. You'll get really tired, really fast, of the 2 maps. Boring to look at and linear.
Score

Best solution

October 6, 2010 2:08:43 AM

Im just saying BFBC2 crashes at random times for no reason. This game looks exactly the same as BFBC2 but titled with a different name. I never said they messed up anyways, just that the game is currently in Beta, and that you should report any problems to a legit forum for MoH.
October 17, 2010 2:28:22 PM

yeah bad company actually runs really smoothly compared to other games. I personally have NEVER had a problem with it. Thanks DICE :D .

Agree that metal of honor is a direct copy of bfbc2 to the point of actually USING THE SAME FRIGGIN STAFF for multiplayer game dev. anyways.
Score
October 24, 2010 12:52:31 AM

Best answer selected by HitRaj 47.
Score
October 24, 2010 1:46:13 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!