Need some alternatives

DigitalDragon

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
Right now, I know i'm getting a ATI Radeon X800 and a AMD Athlon 3200+ (939). Right now I will probrably get a DFI LANparty Ultra-D. If anyone knows of any other alternatives in the $100-200 range, it would be greately appreciated

The Lanparty is the top mobo for s939, but it takes Skillz to get the most out of it. You would be perfectly happy with either of the other boards. If I were buying right now I would get one of those boards, so I don't have any other mobo recommendations.

DigitalDragon

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
What about any "big-name" brands, eg. Asus or MSI? what good M-boards do they have? We dont have quite as much a variety in Hong Kong as you do in the US

I don't recommend MSI. Asus makes a good board too, but it doesn't OC as well as the other boards. If you're not going to OC then you will be just fine with the Asus. What are your mobo mfr options?

The ECS KN1 Extreme, Chaintech VNF4 Ultra and eVGA 133-K8-NF43 are good mid-range boards, too.