Khanate

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2003
This is pretty much how it went on the phone
me:"well i have problem with my ram"
them:"is it the hp ram?"
me:"no, but its the mobo which doesnt support it"
them:"if its not our ram we cant do anything"
for about 20 minutes, I ask to do a complaint against the that they put bad mobo, they say I will receive an e-mail.
I ask where else can I complain can I talk to someone to complain, I CANT!

I go on chat to have support to know if I can change the mobo (asked once) and what type it is(asked 5 times) and where else can I complain(asked like 10 times), for an hour I ask these questions.
Every 10 minutes I get a "if you change the mobo for another of the same type it will work"

THEY ARE USELESS AND TRY TO BE AS USELESS AS POSSIBLE!

I crawl inside

dhlucke

Polypheme
I stopped purchasing HP products. In my case it was buying a CD burner that wasn't supported a year later when WinXP came out. Plus it took them something ridiculous like a year and a dozen phone calls to send me my mail in rebate.

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!

G

I have been in the IT sector for over 30 years including support and I can only add to the numerous complaints regarding HP support. Having suffered terrible support for years from other suppliers - don't talk to me about Dell! - I was very happy with the support I received from HP when I got a laptop about 5 years ago. For a start it was from people I could understand in the UK and Ireland - not the terrible english you get from the sub-continent. These were technically competent, helpful staff who actually knew a thing or two and resolved problems. For some time I went round recommending people pay the extra premium for HP as the support was so superior to any other supplier.

However, recent experiences over the past few years regarding support for more recently purchased HP products have left me feeling that they couldn't provide a worse service. Support is from the sub-continent with the usual language problems and process-driven approach. Supposedly senior support reps know nothing. Queries are returned informing me that nothing can be done! This even when I have found a work around on my own! Most recently, having been promised a courier would arrive - and got that in writing - guess what. Of course. After waiting in a day, losing money and being left without basic business tools to run my business, yes he didn't come and I have no clue when he will.

In addition they promised to send a screen protector which would arrive next day. Ha Ha

I will never, never, never, never buy another HP product. Absolute crap.

uncle_ben

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2005
I remember getting in touch with them about my laptop's display. They handled this quickly and I received a replacement with no problems, apparently this was a bad batch or something. So I cannot really complain about their service.