Wussy help. A8N Asus Premium question

butthead

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2005
Hey, I've been downloading and updating all of my MB drivers plus the BIOS. I think I got it all, but the Asus website has more things than teh Asus Driver adn utility disk, so it was a task tracking it all.

One thing I don't understand is about the Ehternet adaptors built into teh Asus board. It has two, one takes the nVidia driver and the other is called the Marvel. So why two different ethernet ports?

Second, I loaded the marvel driver from the SP2 update files. There is a new one on the website, but my connection was down, so I just used the SP2 drivers. I also used the USB2 drivers from the SP2 files. Will this be ok?

Of course I updated teh nVidia MB chipset with the Asus website lastest drivers, and then flashed the bios using the newest Bios from the Asus website.

And the fun hasn't even begun yet! Only 30 gigs of programs, profiles, ini files, etc., etc., and tweaking to get it where I can work on it again. weeeeee

butthead

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2005
Wuss, thanks, here is what I did:

I went to the Asus website and got all the drivers for the A8N Premium they had. I did not load the Marvel driver because I am only using one ethernet con and that's the Nforce--I did get that latest driver. I also loaded all of the latest drivers for the chip set from teh Asus site. Am I good, or is there some way to get a read out of my MB drivers and post them for you to look at?

Last, I seem to be having some problems using the onboard ACL 850 Reltek sound. I D/L the lastest driver Asus had, but it's nearly a year old driver, dated 2004.

The problem is in Half Life--no not stuttering--and MP3's. What the deal is is I only get sound is I am directly facing the source. If I turn my head away slightly, I hear nothing much in HL2.

When I test the sound in the Reltek software test area, all the speakers work fine.

I Choose 7.1 in Halflife 2, but I don't have a 7.1 sound system. It would not work in 5.1 or 4 speaker system. Haven't tried 2 speaker. I just have a 3 piece woofer satellite speaker system from creative, and then some old desk top speakers I plugged into the back channel. I don't hear anything from the back channel.

Also, when I play MPs, I don't hear anything from the back channel either, only the front.

Thanks bro, and BTW--the FX57 SUCKS compared to the 2.8 X2---hahahaha. All bullshitting aside, don't you think?

butthead

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2005
HEy man get your facts right. I never said beat X2 in games. I said it will come within 5-10% of the 57 in most all test that are available on the web. If you turn on virus scanners, and other processes, then the X2 will close the gap even further.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again--comprehension is your friend.

butthead

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2005
Keep talking your $hit Wuss. I could give you a package of 200 reviews that side with my position from professional websites, like extremetech.com, and you would still try to argue against my argument. Your problem, not mine.

butthead

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2005
That's ok. I've headed over to HARDO PC and won't be coming back to Tom's Forums.

You call it persistent? I call it juvunile.