Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Hey guys could you possibly give me a list of what games use physX as i bought the EVGA GTS 450 with free performance boost and since i don't experience any lag with the games i play such as crysis warhead, BIA Hells Highway,Starcraft 2,Assassins Creed 2 etc. would just like to see which games utilize it

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

Most likely still a new thing from nvidia

nativeson8803

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I just tried out Metro with my physx card and it's not really doing anything. In every other game there's pretty much full usage of the card whenever physx is enabled. The card is showing only 4-6 percent usage and really no temperature increase. What gives?

Man, that game is a beast. My 460 is choking on anything over Normal settings...

The effects in Metro aren't as pronounced as some other games. It mostly just adds to gun effects, particle effects, and gives you slightly better physics for breakable objects. Oh and grenade smoke.
They definitely could have implemented it better, but yeah, the game is a GPU hog.

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Well to some degree DX11 and physX is stll new to games i guess somewhere down the road we will see some titles built on those platforms