802.11B PC Card with retractable or removable antenna

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
November 3, 2004 1:00:15 AM

I am looking for an 802.11B PC Card with retractable or removable
antenna so I don't have to take the card out of the notebook when I
travel with it. Any suggestions?

--
Chris W
Not getting the gifts you want? The Wish Zone can help.

"They that can give up essential liberty
to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
November 3, 2004 2:15:58 PM

3Com have got several models with retractable antenna.

--
HHO

"Chris W" <1qazse4@cox.net> wrote in message
news:o JYhd.43624$EZ.11807@okepread07...
> I am looking for an 802.11B PC Card with retractable or removable
> antenna so I don't have to take the card out of the notebook when I
> travel with it. Any suggestions?

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
November 3, 2004 3:53:21 PM

Helge wrote:
> 3Com have got several models with retractable antenna.

Yep, I've got one. It works fine :-)

A friend of mine has a Trendware card - I'm not sure of the model - but that
has a fixed antenna that only sticks out a little bit - maybe 1/2", if that.
It seems to work OK too.
a b F Wireless
November 3, 2004 7:49:42 PM

Chris W <1qazse4@cox.net> wrote:
> I am looking for an 802.11B PC Card with retractable or removable
> antenna so I don't have to take the card out of the notebook when I
> travel with it. Any suggestions?

I have left my Orinoco plugged in to the side of my Dell for over a year.
I carry it in a laptop bag in the car, on airplanes, etc.
No problems with it.

--
---
a b F Wireless

Helge ha scritto:
> 3Com have got several models with retractable antenna.
>
> --
> HHO

I think it's the 3Com X-Jack antenna; there should be
2 versions of it: one that enables powersaving when the antenna is
retracted (more expensive) and another one working "always-on" (cheaper)

NC
!