802.11B PC Card with retractable or removable antenna

I am looking for an 802.11B PC Card with retractable or removable
antenna so I don't have to take the card out of the notebook when I
travel with it. Any suggestions?

--
Chris W
Not getting the gifts you want? The Wish Zone can help.

"They that can give up essential liberty
to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
4 answers Last reply
More about card retractable removable antenna

    3Com have got several models with retractable antenna.

    --
    HHO

    Helge wrote:
    > 3Com have got several models with retractable antenna.

    Yep, I've got one. It works fine :-)

    A friend of mine has a Trendware card - I'm not sure of the model - but that
    has a fixed antenna that only sticks out a little bit - maybe 1/2", if that.
    It seems to work OK too.

    Chris W <1qazse4@cox.net> wrote:
    > I am looking for an 802.11B PC Card with retractable or removable
    > antenna so I don't have to take the card out of the notebook when I
    > travel with it. Any suggestions?

    I have left my Orinoco plugged in to the side of my Dell for over a year.
    I carry it in a laptop bag in the car, on airplanes, etc.
    No problems with it.

    --
    ---

    Helge ha scritto:
    > 3Com have got several models with retractable antenna.
    >
    > --
    > HHO

    I think it's the 3Com X-Jack antenna; there should be
    2 versions of it: one that enables powersaving when the antenna is
    retracted (more expensive) and another one working "always-on" (cheaper)

    NC

Wireless WiFi Internet Wireless Networking