Sign in with
Your question

Singularity will not work and the tech support sucks.

Last response: in Video Games
October 6, 2010 4:13:08 PM

Hi All,
I am new to this Forum so be nice lol.

Is anyone have issues with singularity as I do? It's driving me crazy. Please help.

I contacted the Help line, I submitted all the information they wanted and in the end then they tell me to contact the maker of the PC as it may be a hardware or software problem. I put the system together and I can guaranty that there are no hardware problems (this is the only program that has any problems). I ran "MSINFO32" and no problems on Config or hardware. So they are no help.

Before I go in to the errors and all I think I should give some system information:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor, 2800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) liquid cooled
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1205, 5/10/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.25 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.82 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13.4 GB
Page File Space 11.7 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465 1GB
Motherboard: ASUS M4N78

The game installs fine with no error code but when I go to play the game I get a window that comes up telling me that the game has stopped working.
It gives me the option to "Check online for a solution and close the program" / "Close the program" or "View the problem details"
when I use "View the problem details" this is what I see:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Singularity.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.199
Application Timestamp: 4c000c7e
Fault Module Name: Singularity.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.199
Fault Module Timestamp: 4c000c7e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 007e65d0
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a6e
Additional Information 2: 0a6e7f6bb3b2847bc8099180f20f5946
Additional Information 3: 2c86
Additional Information 4: 2c86ace8efd0c8275cde98877cd98d4f

But this is the funny part if I do not go in to the "View the problem details" and after the window comes up I just go and use the paste option this is what I get :

General protection fault!

History: GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0xbe65d0 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Activision\Singularity(TM)\Binaries\Singularity.exe]
GImage::GImage() Address = 0x11e472e (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Activision\Singularity(TM)\Binaries\Singularity.exe]
GImage::GImage() Address = 0x11e4b98 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Activision\Singularity(TM)\Binaries\Singularity.exe]
GImage::GImage() Address = 0x11e4d7d (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Activision\Singularity(TM)\Binaries\Singularity.exe]
GColor::Format() Address = 0x156f520 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Activision\Singularity(TM)\Binaries\Singularity.exe]
BaseThreadInitThunk() Address = 0x760f1194 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\kernel32.dll]
LdrGetDllHandleEx() Address = 0x77bdeab9 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
GDebugger() Address = 0x22c69c0 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Activision\Singularity(TM)\Binaries\Singularity.exe]
RtlInitializeExceptionChain() Address = 0x77bdb495 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
RtlInitializeExceptionChain() Address = 0x77bdb468 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
RtlInitializeExceptionChain() Address = 0x77bdb468 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
October 6, 2010 8:47:48 PM

Looking at your last section (General protection fault), it seems that

1-your user access priviledges are not sufficient. Try to run the game as administrator. If that fails, try to resinstall the game with UAC (User Account Control) turned off.

2-could be a registry issue. Uninstall the game and then use a registry cleaner. Reinstall the game with instructions found above.

3-Filename simply isn't there. Make sure that a) Singularity.exe is indeed in that directory as well as all the dll found in this error message (ntdll.dll, kernel32).

4-Hardware issue: disk or memory. (Look below for instruction).

If you've tried everything (installing latest drivers, game patches, or if all else fails reinstalling windows) then the error shown above stipulates that there might be a memory issue (most likely RAM) or memory allocation problem which would be the Operating systems' fault. Technically, this could also be a faulty disk (run a scandisk to find out).

Hope this helps. Let me know what you've tried.

Cheers,

Alex
m
l
October 7, 2010 12:10:53 AM

Tank you for the information Alex.
I have tested the RAM, the HD all 5 of them , reinstalled the game, have the up to date drivers and looked in to the registry and its all good.

The UAC is off, Singularity.exe File as well as the DLL files are where they should be.

But the nice thing the tech support got back to me and told me that they are looking in to the errors. So that is something.

The only thing I have left to do is play around with my setup and see what change works but it will take time as I can only do one change at the time as to find out what change worked ...

Semper Fi!
m
l
Related resources
October 7, 2010 5:14:23 AM

So I have been doing some stuff with the PC and no change Other I got it to work better .. Now the windows rating is at 7.2, 7.2, 7.4, 7.4 and 5.9 (HD is big!) so its a bit slow lol ...

But Still the game dose not work.
What I did find out after analyzing with "SecuROM" that it may be a problem with the a copy-protected part of the CD or the way it is saved on the PC. I will send the support line that information as I cant open the file to see what is in it.
m
l
October 7, 2010 7:49:58 AM

Ok Got the game to work ... no thanks to the Tech Support.. Tech Support 0 SSgt 1 LOL .. ITs a Video Driver / card thing. If you have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465 1GB you need to use a Beta Update (260.63) and use the included game profile for Singularity in " Manage 3D Setting " tab it will work if you have the following Error

"View the problem details"

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Singularity.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.199
Application Timestamp: 4c000c7e
Fault Module Name: Singularity.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.199
Fault Module Timestamp: 4c000c7e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 007e65d0
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a6e
Additional Information 2: 0a6e7f6bb3b2847bc8099180f20f5946
Additional Information 3: 2c86
Additional Information 4: 2c86ace8efd0c8275cde98877cd98d4f

But this is the funny part if I do not go in to the "View the problem details" and after the window comes up I just go and use the paste option this is what I get :

General protection fault!

History: GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0xbe65d0 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Activision\Singularity(TM)\Binaries\Singularity.exe]
GImage::GImage() Address = 0x11e472e (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Activision\Singularity(TM)\Binaries\Singularity.exe]
GImage::GImage() Address = 0x11e4b98 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Activision\Singularity(TM)\Binaries\Singularity.exe]
GImage::GImage() Address = 0x11e4d7d (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Activision\Singularity(TM)\Binaries\Singularity.exe]
GColor::Format() Address = 0x156f520 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Activision\Singularity(TM)\Binaries\Singularity.exe]
BaseThreadInitThunk() Address = 0x760f1194 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\kernel32.dll]
LdrGetDllHandleEx() Address = 0x77bdeab9 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
GDebugger() Address = 0x22c69c0 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Activision\Singularity(TM)\Binaries\Singularity.exe]
RtlInitializeExceptionChain() Address = 0x77bdb495 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
m
l
October 7, 2010 3:33:40 PM

Thank you. Now I hope this may help others .... Regards ....

Semper Fi!
m
l
Anonymous
November 13, 2010 7:30:17 PM

SSgt said:
Thank you. Now I hope this may help others .... Regards ....

Semper Fi!

hi bro.....wat do i do if im using ati radeon?
m
l
November 18, 2010 12:14:47 AM

I think it may be the same thing if the card is new one ( new to the market ) you may need to get a new driver for it and play with settings. As i recall it was something to do with a 3D driver.

Semper Fi!
m
l
!