Sign in with
Your question

MOH vs COD, which one will you buy?

Tags:
  • Call of Duty
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games

Which game will you buy and on which platform?

Total: 24 votes (2 blank votes)

• Call of Duty: Black Ops (PC)
  • 27 %
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops (XBOX 360)
  • 7 %
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops (Playstation 3)
  • 7 %
  • Medal of Honor (PC)
  • 20 %
  • Medal of Honor (XBOX 360)
  • 7 %
  • Medal of Honor (Playstation 3)
  • 10 %
  • Pirated version of Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • 10 %
  • Pirated version of Medal of Honor
  • 7 %
  • I will not play any of these games.
  • 7 %
October 6, 2010 5:32:25 PM

Hi guys,

The poll is simple. Which game will you buy and for which platform?

Rules: You can choose up to 3 picks.

Also, feel free to share your opinion on these games. Please be polite, this is not intended to start a flame war. We're all entitled to our own opinion. No harmful comments should be addressed to specific members based on their opinion. If you disagree with something, address it in a polite manner.

General Topics:
- How do you feel about EA's decision to have 2 different developpers working on the title (single player vs multiplayer).
- Do you think Treyarch will achieve what Infinity Ward has accomplished? Are they a great successor studio?
- Which games in these series really marked you as a gamer? Any favorites?

Thanks for participating.

Cheers,

Alex

More about : moh cod buy

October 6, 2010 7:39:59 PM

Non of the above. Seriously, the market is saturated with FPS titles at this point; I'm JUST getting to Dead Space, and haven't even started Borderlands yet. I hearby quit buying FPS games until BF3 ships.
October 7, 2010 9:50:07 PM

well cod is a good game i really like cod 4 mw

but moh was a good game on the ps1 and ps2 but i dont know about now

but after all i would buy moh cuz its an old good game
Related resources
October 8, 2010 4:17:03 AM

Gettin both on 360 I like FPS and I want to try out MOH mostly for the SP and Black OPs has very promising features from Treyarch
October 8, 2010 1:51:04 PM

shuojinz said:
Gettin both on 360 I like FPS and I want to try out MOH mostly for the SP and Black OPs has very promising features from Treyarch

I'm honestly going to buy both games on the PC. I just know that Black Ops' multiplayer will be "good enough" if not better than the previous COD series. That said, single player will probably be similar to their previous game in the series.

As for Medal of Honor. I think the single player experience will be greater than COD SP. They had more time to work on the project and fine tune everything in the process. HOWEVER, I was part of MOH's multiplayer beta and as you already know, DICE is developping the multiplayer portion of the game. The game modes and the feel of the control weren't like those of COD. I love DICE for their Battlefield series but I don't think their control is meant to be copied over to a fast pace mp game like MOH MP. At least, that was for the BETA. Hopefully, they fine tuned the controls to make them feel a little more flexible.
October 10, 2010 5:49:34 AM

I might get one for the PC and one for the Xbox 360. Depends which ever ones my friends like to play, since they all have 360s, and I can only access online multiplayer at someone's house (dang 3 mile limit to broadband). I really liked MW2 when those rare moments hit you and you forgot every single of the hundred bad things about the game, and Black Ops is supposed to get rid of all the crap and keep the fun. Medal of Honor's campaign I'm sure will be just as awesome or better than Black Ops, and since the Multiplayer is made by DICE, it should be promising as well. In Bad Company 2, the only time I really had fun was when playing with friends, and it was the greatest online game of all time when that happened. Maybe MoH will be the same, even though it won't be as much about teamwork and HUGE maps.
October 10, 2010 7:40:57 AM

I dunno why I've always found CoD to be pretty fast paced, I'll play both. I've tried the Open beta of MoH, it's not at all bad, BFBC2's Frostbite engine's quite nice.
October 29, 2010 5:50:09 PM

Medal of honor 2010 really sucks dont waste your money on it
October 30, 2010 6:14:09 AM

splinter09 said:
Medal of honor 2010 really sucks dont waste your money on it

Agreed. I started playing the campaign on the hardest setting and it was still extremely easy. AI is pretty simple and has slow reaction times. It takes 6-7 shots to be killed and proximity explosions don't kill either. Online play is average. Some of the animations are on the "cartoon" side, such as the grenade effect once thrown. Also, maps aren't well structured, though the graphics are decent.

The only plus I would give the game is the storyline for campaign. The game does a good job of making you feel involved with your AI team members. Another cool feature is the ability to slide to cover.

But still, definitely not worth $50.
October 30, 2010 11:14:53 AM

(Rant) Thats EA for you. Just like Microsoft. Used to make really awsome cheap games for the masses, but now are both obsessed with money, reputation and success.

They are like football players, they get paid so much they don't care about their performance anymore. Shame, really. I miss the old AOE days. No GFWL, less pirates.
!