Big advert in my pc mag... (PC Format -UK 02/05)
Subtitled "Resurrection of evil"
Anyone got any further info?
Think they'll turn a few more lights on?
Bigger, badder shotgun?

fasteddy wasted my time on 1/28/2005 5:43 PM with the following:
> Big advert in my pc mag... (PC Format -UK 02/05)
> Subtitled "Resurrection of evil"
> Anyone got any further info?
> Think they'll turn a few more lights on?
> Bigger, badder shotgun?

Don't count on the lights being turned on, although perhaps ambient
lighting will be included for mapping...hmm.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/doom-3-resurrection-of-evil/577592p1.html

Gamespy got their grubby must-sign-up-to-download hands on it and
reviewed it.

New weapons will include the Double-Barreled shotgun and the "Ionic
Plasma Levitator," also known as "The Grabber," (also known as the
*gravity gun*)

New enemies will be added, including the Hunters, Hazmat zombies, and
some imp-like thing.

Multiplayer will get a CTF update (HOORAY!)

The general plot as I understand it is that Betruger sends the Hunters
after you to...well...kill you.

Beating the Hunters gives you their powers, which are things like Hell
Time (bullet time) and others.

Sounds a bit whacky, but CTF will be fun.

--
Noob - "do you hack?"
Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"

"SnoopJeDi" <snoopjediHOLDTHESPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> fasteddy wasted my time on 1/28/2005 5:43 PM with the following:
>> Big advert in my pc mag... (PC Format -UK 02/05)
>> Subtitled "Resurrection of evil"
>> Anyone got any further info?
>> Think they'll turn a few more lights on?
>> Bigger, badder shotgun?
>
> Don't count on the lights being turned on, although perhaps ambient
> lighting will be included for mapping...hmm.
>
> http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/doom-3-resurrection-of-evil/577592p1.html
>
> Gamespy got their grubby must-sign-up-to-download hands on it and reviewed
> it.
>
> New weapons will include the Double-Barreled shotgun and the "Ionic Plasma
> Levitator," also known as "The Grabber," (also known as the *gravity gun*)
>
> New enemies will be added, including the Hunters, Hazmat zombies, and some
> imp-like thing.
>

> Multiplayer will get a CTF update (HOORAY!)
>
> The general plot as I understand it is that Betruger sends the Hunters
> after you to...well...kill you.
>
> Beating the Hunters gives you their powers, which are things like Hell
> Time (bullet time) and others.
>

> Sounds a bit whacky, but CTF will be fun.

Is it just me... or does the new "Vulgar"
http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/577/577592/Vulgar440_1104997325.jpg
look a little bit like those really annoying dog like things from HL2?

James Mourby wasted my time on 1/29/2005 10:03 AM with the following:

> Is it just me... or does the new "Vulgar"
> http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/577/577592/Vulgar440_1104997325.jpg
> look a little bit like those really annoying dog like things from HL2?

I haven't played any HL2 other than the demo (by which I was impressed)

The vulgar looks like an imp with a new model to me.

My personal feelings about the expansion pack are quite mixed. I want
to play more Doom3 plot, but I don't really want to go out and spend $35
or so for a map-pack and a few new monsters. :/

Of course, I could always fly the jolly roger and sail the blue
cyberworld instead. That's always an idea.

--
Noob - "do you hack?"
Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"
Noob - "do you have digital cable?"
Justin - "i have *ALL* the cables!"

"SnoopJeDi" <snoopjediHOLDTHESPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> fasteddy wasted my time on 1/28/2005 5:43 PM with the following:
>> Big advert in my pc mag... (PC Format -UK 02/05)
>> Subtitled "Resurrection of evil"
>> Anyone got any further info?
>> Think they'll turn a few more lights on?
>> Bigger, badder shotgun?
>
> Don't count on the lights being turned on, although perhaps ambient
> lighting will be included for mapping...hmm.
>
> http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/doom-3-resurrection-of-evil/577592p1.html
>
> Gamespy got their grubby must-sign-up-to-download hands on it and reviewed
> it.
>
> New weapons will include the Double-Barreled shotgun and the "Ionic Plasma
> Levitator," also known as "The Grabber," (also known as the *gravity gun*)
>
> New enemies will be added, including the Hunters, Hazmat zombies, and some
> imp-like thing.
>

> Multiplayer will get a CTF update (HOORAY!)
>
> The general plot as I understand it is that Betruger sends the Hunters
> after you to...well...kill you.
>
> Beating the Hunters gives you their powers, which are things like Hell
> Time (bullet time) and others.
>

> Sounds a bit whacky, but CTF will be fun.

Looks good! Cheers for the link.
All the best
Eddy

> Of course, I could always fly the jolly roger and sail the blue
> cyberworld instead. That's always an idea.

Just say you'll pirate it. Don't use euphemisms. Be a man and admit you want
to deny the developers the money they deserve to support their company.

GFree wasted my time on 1/30/2005 6:32 PM with the following:

> Just say you'll pirate it. Don't use euphemisms. Be a man and admit you want
> to deny the developers the money they deserve to support their company.

I might not even get the damn thing, considering CTF mods are amazingly
easy to make.

--

> GFree wasted my time on 1/30/2005 6:32 PM with the following:
> >
> > Just say you'll pirate it. Don't use euphemisms. Be a man and admit you
want
> > to deny the developers the money they deserve to support their company.
> >

> I might not even get the damn thing, considering CTF mods are amazingly
> easy to make.

Well, this sounds like a typical expansion pack all the same. It'll probably
be of a high(ish) quality if that means anything.

GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> "SnoopJeDi" <snoopjediHOLDTHESPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>> Of course, I could always fly the jolly roger and sail the blue
>> cyberworld instead. That's always an idea.
>
> Just say you'll pirate it. Don't use euphemisms. Be a man and admit
> you want to deny the developers the money they deserve to support
> their company.

Oh geez, can you be any more dramatic?

I'll pirate it. I won't use euphemisms. I'll be a man and admit
I want to deny the developers the money they deserve to support
their company.

Happy now..... :)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:25:38 +0200, doug.drodskie@eskom.co.za wrote:

> I'll pirate it. I won't use euphemisms. I'll be a man and admit
> I want to deny the developers the money they deserve to support
>their company.

yOU EVIL PIRATE!!!!1! You will burn in hell with eternal damnation for
ruining he professional lives of the innocent developers!!1!1

Well, someone has to say this. :)

"Raymond Martineau" <bk039@ncf.ca> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:25:38 +0200, doug.drodskie@eskom.co.za wrote:
>
>> I'll pirate it. I won't use euphemisms. I'll be a man and admit
>> I want to deny the developers the money they deserve to support
>>their company.
>
> yOU EVIL PIRATE!!!!1! You will burn in hell with eternal damnation for
> ruining he professional lives of the innocent developers!!1!1
>
> Well, someone has to say this. :)
>

>>Happy now..... :)

Actually, Doom3, nope, mine is an original. HL2 on the other hand ........
just totally irresistable...... don't you just love it when people say
things to you like "you can't", "impossible", "we will stop you", "I dare
you to just try it", "if you want it, you gotta work really hard for it"
etc. :)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:14:58 +0200, "Doug_Dread"
<doug.d@nospamabsamail.co.za> wrote:

>"Raymond Martineau" <bk039@ncf.ca> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:25:38 +0200, doug.drodskie@eskom.co.za wrote:
>>
>>> I'll pirate it. I won't use euphemisms. I'll be a man and admit
>>> I want to deny the developers the money they deserve to support
>>>their company.
>>
>> yOU EVIL PIRATE!!!!1! You will burn in hell with eternal damnation for
>> ruining he professional lives of the innocent developers!!1!1
>>
>> Well, someone has to say this. :)
>>

>>>Happy now..... :)
>
>Actually, Doom3, nope, mine is an original. HL2 on the other hand ........
>just totally irresistable......

Oh, that's different. :)

>don't you just love it when people say
>things to you like "you can't", "impossible", "we will stop you", "I dare
>you to just try it", "if you want it, you gotta work really hard for it"
>etc. :)

It worked better than SafeDisc and SecuROM, where no-CD cracks are a bit
more prevalent. There are pirated versions of Half-Life 2 available, but
they don't seem to have enough coverage.