Power Switch Cable issue

daemoness

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2005
I recently installed all my old computer parts into a new case - the Antec Mid-Tower SLK1650B, but the cables that came with the case don't match up to my motherboard from what I can see. The main issue seems to be that the one marked power switch is two pin, while all the spots I could see for it to go are 3-4 pin.

Here is my motherboard: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=83461&lang=en&cc=us&docname=bph07557

Do I just need to get a new cable? I am in contact with tech support and they asked me for a pin layout... I had already sent them the black and white picture of my motherboard from the HP page, isn't that the pin layout or do I need to look for something else?

This is frustrating, everything else is installed but I can't get the comp to turn on!

Thank you!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by daemoness on 09/02/05 10:23 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

If you know wich pins are the Power you can just "short" the 2 pins with a screw driver or any metal parts.

The pin layout would be a more specific as what pins is used for what, you dont have that kidn of information on the page you gave us...THe user manual is'nt helpful either.

It my be posibble that it doesnt fit being a proprietary HP motherboard. I would try to contact HP to have specific pin layout for the front panel!

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
I second Labbby - that cluster of pins (at the bottom right of the mobo is where the power switch, power led, reset switch, etc., cables all go, but the exact layout of that is needed. Maybe its printed on the mobo itself beside the appropriate pins. There's some illegible text there on the photo from HP's website.

Mike.

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside the dog its too dark to read.
-- Groucho Marx</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Just look at your old plug. Really, that's how I figured out a couple HP and IBM boards. The wires had to lead SOMEWHERE on the old case!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>