Check News

alt.doom stf
3-20 msg
alt.hl stf
800 ish msg

Seems to suggest that for your cash hl is the better game?

P Doh wasted my time on 1/28/2005 6:49 PM with the following:
> alt.doom stf
> 3-20 msg
> alt.hl stf
> 800 ish msg
>
> Seems to suggest that for your cash hl is the better game?

Don't you have anything better to do?

A bigger fanbase doesn't mean a better game anyway.

--
Noob - "do you hack?"
Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"

"P Doh" <h@stand.com> wrote in message
> alt.doom stf
> 3-20 msg
> alt.hl stf
> 800 ish msg
>
> Seems to suggest that for your cash hl is the better game?

hardly.

I own and play both.

On top of that, more than half the posts are simply anti-Steam rants
over there right now.

McG.

"P Doh" <h@stand.com> wrote in message
> alt.doom stf
> 3-20 msg
> alt.hl stf
> 800 ish msg
>
> Seems to suggest that for your cash hl is the better game?

Go and work for a company in their customer service office and you'll find
you get only 1 good praising letter over 10000 bad complaining letter.

Therefore, it would seem to suggest that for your cash Doom3 is the better
game.

(Although i play both) :p

> "P Doh" <h@stand.com> wrote in message
>> alt.doom stf
>> 3-20 msg
>> alt.hl stf
>> 800 ish msg
>>
>> Seems to suggest that for your cash hl is the better game?
>
> hardly.
>
> I own and play both.
>
> On top of that, more than half the posts are simply anti-Steam rants over
> there right now.
>
> McG.
I have them both too... I seem to play Doom3 the most with the odd
10 min. blast here and there when I have time.
With HL2 that 10 mins is mostly spent trying to get it started :(
A good game tho...

McGrandpa wrote:
> On top of that, more than half the posts are simply anti-Steam rants
> over there right now.

Yep. HL2 have prob with aim bots and many many other cheaters. On-line
gaming is not anymore fun. It tolds bad planned source on game itself.

"fasteddy" <nospam@nospam"100".com> wrote in message
>> "P Doh" <h@stand.com> wrote in message
>>> alt.doom stf
>>> 3-20 msg
>>> alt.hl stf
>>> 800 ish msg
>>>
>>> Seems to suggest that for your cash hl is the better game?
>>
>> hardly.
>>
>> I own and play both.
>>
>> On top of that, more than half the posts are simply anti-Steam rants
>> over there right now.
>>
>> McG.
> I have them both too... I seem to play Doom3 the most with the odd
> 10 min. blast here and there when I have time.
> With HL2 that 10 mins is mostly spent trying to get it started :(
> A good game tho...

the initial load time for HL2 is al little bit worse than Doom3s is.
But Doom3 doesn't have all the long level loads that HL2 does through
the whole game. Because of that, HL2 is irksome, but bearable. The
long load times also apply to Far Cry first starting up a level. All
three of these games are beautifully rendered, I guess the LongLoad is
the price we have to pay for that.
McG.

....or at least the most defective?