Bitpim Support for Motorola V710?

Does anyone know if Bitpim will support the V710? It is a real pain to keep
taking out the transflash card to extract pictures. It would also be nice
to be able to upload ringtones. Even better .... wish for Bitpim over
Bluetooth! (just dreaming)

Slick Willy wrote:
> Does anyone know if Bitpim will support the V710? It is a real pain
> to keep taking out the transflash card to extract pictures. It would
> also be nice to be able to upload ringtones. Even better .... wish
> for Bitpim over Bluetooth! (just dreaming)

http://bitpim.org/testhelp/faq-phonesupport.htm
http://bitpim.org/testhelp/faq-phonenotlisted.htm
http://bitpim.org/testhelp/faq-phonefeaturessupport.htm
http://bitpim.org/papers/phonespecs/

Roger

In a previous thread, Jonathan Z of Nuclear Elephant mentioned says that
BITPIM is the only program that does work for transferring files with the
V710.

"Slick Willy" <slick_willy_@EATSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if Bitpim will support the V710? It is a real pain to
> keep
> taking out the transflash card to extract pictures. It would also be nice
> to be able to upload ringtones. Even better .... wish for Bitpim over
> Bluetooth! (just dreaming)

Bitpim 0.7.16 already supports the V710 on the filesystem view. I have saved
voice memos recorded on the phone using that fileystem view.

I doubt that unless someone can lend Roger a V710 that it will get any
further support than that.

In article <crKdnUZNZ6z1Pt3cRVn-qg@comcast.com>,
"Bob the Printer" <bdolson@comcast.net> wrote:

> Bitpim 0.7.16 already supports the V710 on the filesystem view. I
> have saved voice memos recorded on the phone using that fileystem
> view.

The Macintosh Panther version does not work with the V710.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.

In article <michelle-A03079.12401809092004@news.west.cox.net>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:

> > Bitpim 0.7.16 already supports the V710 on the filesystem view. I
> > have saved voice memos recorded on the phone using that fileystem
> > view.
>
> The Macintosh Panther version does not work with the V710.

So I tried 0.7.17, and the port scan showed the following; it knows that
the phone is there, but it can't use the port.

This port is active but not available for use
Property Value Description

active True Your operating system shows this driver and
port is correctly configured and a device attached

available False It was not possible to open this port

description USB Device - Vendor Motorola PCS Product #2A22 (Interface
#01)

libusb True This indicates if the usb library is in use
to access this device. Operating system device drivers (if any) are
bypassed when BitPim talks to the device

name usb::001::007-22b8-2a22-02-00::1
This is the name the port is known to your
operating system as

protocol Data / Generic This is the protocol the USB device claims
to speak

usb-productstring Motorola V710

usb-vendorstring Motorola Inc.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.

Mine is on a Windows XP machine. Like I said, I can view the whole
filesystem and even get into where the voice memos are located (and save
them to my PC), but I can't get to where the pictures or other sound files
are (I use the transflash card for that).. Is yours setup as 'other CDMA
phone' ??

In article <6cudndeLbPRUU93cRVn-gw@comcast.com>,
"Bob the Printer" <bdolson@comcast.net> wrote:

> Mine is on a Windows XP machine. Like I said, I can view the whole
> filesystem and even get into where the voice memos are located (and
> save them to my PC), but I can't get to where the pictures or other
> sound files are (I use the transflash card for that).. Is yours
> setup as 'other CDMA phone' ??

Yes; I set it to "Other CDMA phone."

Michelle Steiner wrote:
> So I tried 0.7.17, and the port scan showed the following; it knows
> that the phone is there, but it can't use the port.

It can't use that USB port directly because it is a modem interface
and speaks the USB modem protocol and you already have a kernel
device driver bound to that modem interface.

Roger

In article <vql712-cmj.ln1@home.rogerbinns.com>,
"Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote:

> > So I tried 0.7.17, and the port scan showed the following; it knows
> > that the phone is there, but it can't use the port.
>
> It can't use that USB port directly because it is a modem interface
> and speaks the USB modem protocol and you already have a kernel
> device driver bound to that modem interface.

It shows the modem interface as a separate port, and says it's active
and is probably the phone interface, but if I select it, I still don't
get anywhere.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.