Alepo RBS & Smartbridge Airpoint XO

Hello,
Does anyone have any info on setting up Alepo RBS to control a SB
AirPoint XO access point? I need to provide home page redirection to
allow users to enter their username/password for our captive portal.

Please help!!!!!

Kind Regards
Peter Phillips
2 answers Last reply
More about alepo smartbridge airpoint

    "Peter" <pphillips@_SPAMTRAP_kinetiqnetworks.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > Does anyone have any info on setting up Alepo RBS to control a SB
    > AirPoint XO access point? I need to provide home page redirection to
    > allow users to enter their username/password for our captive portal.
    >
    > Please help!!!!!
    >
    > Kind Regards
    > Peter Phillips

    From what I read about the two, which the XO doesnt provide alot of
    technical info. The RBS is a radius server and it needs a access contoller
    or an AP that acts as a gateway. I did not see this function on the XO.
    The gateway is the device that provides the login and redirect function such
    as the ORiNOCO AP2500 or
    http://www.ydi.com/products/cn3000-access-controller.php
    http://www.nomadix.com/products/hsg.asp

    Peter <pphillips@_SPAMTRAP_kinetiqnetworks.com> wrote in message news:<4188c8a0$0$1161$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk>...
    > Hello,
    > Does anyone have any info on setting up Alepo RBS to control a SB
    > AirPoint XO access point? I need to provide home page redirection to
    > allow users to enter their username/password for our captive portal.
    >
    > Please help!!!!!
    >
    > Kind Regards
    > Peter Phillips

    Try FirstSpot ( http://patronsoft.com/firstspot ). The latest version
    v3 supports Captive Portal, plus a lot of other features like
    Bandwidth Throttling, Quota system, etc ...

Wireless Internet Wireless Networking