Alepo RBS & Smartbridge Airpoint XO

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
November 3, 2004 3:01:33 PM

Hello,
Does anyone have any info on setting up Alepo RBS to control a SB
AirPoint XO access point? I need to provide home page redirection to
allow users to enter their username/password for our captive portal.

Please help!!!!!

Kind Regards
Peter Phillips
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
November 3, 2004 3:01:34 PM

"Peter" <pphillips@_SPAMTRAP_kinetiqnetworks.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Does anyone have any info on setting up Alepo RBS to control a SB
> AirPoint XO access point? I need to provide home page redirection to
> allow users to enter their username/password for our captive portal.
>
> Please help!!!!!
>
> Kind Regards
> Peter Phillips

From what I read about the two, which the XO doesnt provide alot of
technical info. The RBS is a radius server and it needs a access contoller
or an AP that acts as a gateway. I did not see this function on the XO.
The gateway is the device that provides the login and redirect function such
as the ORiNOCO AP2500 or
http://www.ydi.com/products/cn3000-access-controller.ph...
http://www.nomadix.com/products/hsg.asp
November 9, 2004 11:49:28 PM

Peter <pphillips@_SPAMTRAP_kinetiqnetworks.com> wrote in message news:<4188c8a0$0$1161$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk>...
> Hello,
> Does anyone have any info on setting up Alepo RBS to control a SB
> AirPoint XO access point? I need to provide home page redirection to
> allow users to enter their username/password for our captive portal.
>
> Please help!!!!!
>
> Kind Regards
> Peter Phillips

Try FirstSpot ( http://patronsoft.com/firstspot ). The latest version
v3 supports Captive Portal, plus a lot of other features like
Bandwidth Throttling, Quota system, etc ...
!