Mozilla Firefox Bookmarks location

drvtec42

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2004
hi,
im looking for my bookmarks folder and cant seem to find it in win XP.

anybody know where to locate it?

pat

Expert
You can export your bookmark in bookmark manager. That will create a bookmark.html file at the location you specified.

Just backup this file, and then import it in your new installation.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Ask in the Mozilla Firefox forum ... they will tell you there. I think it's in a profile directory in the Mozilla direstory.

<b> ...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol - W.C. Fields </b>

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It's in <b>Documents and Settings\YourUsername\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.XXX</b>

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

G

With Firefox running, click on Bookmarks/Manage Bookmarks... A new window opens, click File/Export... Choose a location to save to, and click save.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by KlutZ on 01/09/05 09:40 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

1st enable the "show hidden files and folders" in folder option then go to

C:\Documents and Settings\go to your user account\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6wyaykw0.default\bookmarkbackups

Regards
Subhash Mathew

G

u did it :bounce: :D :kaola: :hello: thanks a million, sorry!!! u won a billion of thanks. it was soooo boring.do u knw y? ..........

it took only mili sec to solve this prob!!! :pt1cable: :love: :kaola:

u r a free consultant. thts y I ask 200% discnt for 2999!!! :ange:

never mind. if u do mind I'll ask the discnt more, maybe infinity :eek: :pt1cable:

-----Mirror ;)

mmike99

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
Hi there I'm in a similar situation. However my bookmark files isnt showing up in that directory? could it be elsewere. Im using ontrack data recovery, if someone famaliar with how to use this program to just recover these files/bookmarks it be greatly appreciated. Ive since recovered most of my data....TYVMin advance.

mmike99

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
Hi way,i know about that folder. what im hoping is someones famaliar with ontrack that would understand how to find the bookmark etc files within...thanks

wayphoon

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010

I can't understand what did you mean,my English is so-so. :lol:

You can find the “bookmarkbackups”Folder,the backup bookmark in it...

Or...you can use the bookmark function in the firefox to export as html.

mmike99

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
Hi waypoon, I got the bookmarks back . Thanks I have A waybigger issue. How to get rid of the virus Stdrt.exe..? any ideas.TYVM in advance,. Ive tryed avg, mbam, etc..anything that will kill this sucker!!!

wayphoon

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010

HI.Sorry,I don't know this virus.Maybe you can use the search engine to find solutions.

coloradorockies

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
Also would recommend you to use MozBackup It allows you to backup and restore bookmarks, mail, contacts, history, extensions, passwords, cache etc. It's an easy way to do Firefox backup, Thunderbird backup: mozbackup.jasnapaka.com

Thanks
Arny from Breckenridge

mmike99

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009

Hey, thanks big time..really