Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Ps3 or xbox 360?

Last response: in Video Games
October 7, 2010 11:05:39 PM

I am thinking about buying either the ps3, or the xbox 360. But how do i choose which is better? I would like to know which is the best value for money and the most reliable? thanks

More about : ps3 xbox 360

October 8, 2010 6:56:27 AM

The only suggestion I can provide is to look at which one has the games or types of games you wanna play.
October 8, 2010 7:13:55 AM

jaguarskx said:
The only suggestion I can provide is to look at which one has the games or types of games you wanna play.

+10..
check what games you want to play, and buy the appropriate console
Related resources
October 8, 2010 1:34:03 PM

Honestly, I have seen both so let me narrow it down for you.

XBOX PROS:

- If you like to play online (multiplayer), XBOX Live is a better service for now.
- Contains strong exclusive titles: i.e. Halo series, Gears of War series, etc.
- If you like the gadget, Kinect is quite impressive (for browsing, not for gaming yet).

PS3 PROS:

- Blue Ray!!!
- Strong exclusive titles: i.e: Uncharted, Little Big Planet, etc.
- It's become a Wii HD with their new gadget "MOVE".

XBOX vs PS3
- Hardware Performance = PS3 wins
- Reliability = Historically, PS3 wins (though the new XBOX are pretty reliable now).
- Retail Price = XBOX are usually cheaper (wins).
- Online Services = XBOX wins.

Hope this helps.

Alex

October 8, 2010 1:45:02 PM

JoeWareing92 said:
I am thinking about buying either the ps3, or the xbox 360. But how do i choose which is better? I would like to know which is the best value for money and the most reliable? thanks

It has to be the ps3, you get lots of stuff you can't get from xbox and it has a higher price, but it's worth it
thinking of games the assassin series
October 16, 2010 11:34:08 AM

It depends entirely on what and how much you want to play. If you want to play exclusive titles like the God of War series or Uncharted Series, then go for PS3. But for Halo and Gears of War series go for Xbox360.

Secondly, if you want to simply enjoy now at a low price then go for an Xbox360 but if you want to play for a long time and future titles as well then go for a PS3 as it has a Blue-Ray reader. Since most of the better titles in future will be released in Blue Ray discs, PS3 will last longer in the long run than Xbox360.

Thirdly, older and cheaper versions of Xbox360 usually have problems like 50% hardware failure chances as well as the red ring of death which will usually frustrate you if you look forward to hardcore gaming. The newer versions don't have this but are of the same price as PS3 and don't posses a Blue-Ray Reader.

So, in my opinion go for PS3 but if you have some selective games to play which only run on Xb0x360 then buy a newer version of Xbox360 as it will run better.
October 20, 2010 9:14:02 AM

Alex The PC Gamer said:
Honestly, I have seen both so let me narrow it down for you.

XBOX PROS:

- If you like to play online (multiplayer), XBOX Live is a better service for now.
- Contains strong exclusive titles: i.e. Halo series, Gears of War series, etc.
- If you like the gadget, Kinect is quite impressive (for browsing, not for gaming yet).

PS3 PROS:

- Blue Ray!!!
- Strong exclusive titles: i.e: Uncharted, Little Big Planet, etc.
- It's become a Wii HD with their new gadget "MOVE".

XBOX vs PS3
- Hardware Performance = PS3 wins
- Reliability = Historically, PS3 wins (though the new XBOX are pretty reliable now).
- Retail Price = XBOX are usually cheaper (wins).
- Online Services = XBOX wins.

Hope this helps.

Alex

XBOX LIVE costs how much per month?

PS3 network = free.
October 20, 2010 11:48:42 AM

Yeah, but PS3 network is pretty crap in comparison.

Personally, I'd say there are three major thing to help choose between them:

1) Do your friends mostly have/play one or the other? It's worth going for that so you can play together, IMO.

2) Is money tight? The Xbox is a cheaper initial investment, but they average out over time (Xbox needs extras to do what the PS3 does, and XBLive has a subscription)

3) Does either system have a particular game franchise you absolutely must have? Then go for that.

If those three are not convincing, I personally find the PS3 to be a better machine technically, more enjoyable to use, and definately more feature-filled. (I use mine for gaming, playing Blu rays, streaming media across my network, watching BBC iplayer etc etc.
October 20, 2010 4:17:47 PM

Gamerboy said:
XBOX LIVE costs how much per month?

PS3 network = free.

PS3 network will not longer be free in a few months (not a few years) and therefore should not be considered if making a decision between the two consoles. Sony has been waiting for the right strategy/market share to start charging and rumors has it that they finally found their strategy and should make the announcement soon enough (probably before Q2 2011).

When in doubt? Ask Micheal Pachter...

October 23, 2010 12:16:26 AM

This doesn't seem like a smart move when many still can't justify PSN+. I personally don't see any real benefit to it. Hopefully Sony won't let me down in this respect. Do you have any sources beyond Pachter?
October 23, 2010 12:52:56 AM

Here's an article that I thought was pretty good from the folks over at IGN:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/111/1116182p1.html

I've been with Sony consoles since the original PS, and loved each one of them. When I think of the differences between the 2 consoles (that I personally care about), the obvious choice to me is the PS3, although the new 360 model has some better features, including a network adapter actually built in, which it should have been from the beginning and makes the system much more attractive. Considering I enjoy both gaming and watching blu-rays, the PS3 was a great all-in-one device.

When it comes to the games, if there is a particular game or series that you can't live without, then go with that console, but 90-95% of games come out for both systems. Oh, and I don't game online, so I can't really speak of that.
October 23, 2010 4:57:56 AM

for me i think truthfully u should just go with what u feel is better i truthfully think that ps3 is better cause i got red ring of death 3 times lol plus i like those old adventure type games like ratchet, jak and daxter, and sly cooper ftw!!! but for now im just doing with comp. ;) 
October 23, 2010 5:10:07 AM

^+1 for Ratchet & Clank... definitely a big bonus for me when going with PS2 and PS3, since that series is PS exclusive.
October 28, 2010 3:23:53 AM

what type of games do you like ? fps, rpg , puzzle, etc... but if you like online shooting games go for the 360 you will never regret it. downside is you have to pay the subscription fee. imo it aint much lol 49.99 a year . also games these days are pretty much online now.
October 30, 2010 7:44:22 AM

Personally, I probably won't pay a fee to use the PSN so I really hope they don't add that. I haven't heard anything about that outside of this thread though.

I prefer the Ps3 because:

I think it may have a longer active life being blue ray.

Exclusive game series' I enjoy. Though there are some Xbox exclusives that I would like to play, I can't afford both.

FPS work fine with the Ps3 and, as far as I know, there aren't any exclusives besides Halo and I don't care for it much. I can't tell a difference between Ps3 and Xbox FPS quality. As far as that goes it's pretty much just controller preference.

I've been a Playstation fan/user since the original and have always enjoyed it. I know it's a good company and I know I'll enjoy their product.

As others have said, it comes down to what system your friends are using, exclusive titles, and personal preference.
October 30, 2010 10:33:50 AM

I played most on my PS3 - check on games titles that are good play. Technology are fast gaining to gaming comfort so play games and enjoy it.
November 11, 2010 1:22:22 PM

PS3
November 14, 2010 2:37:26 PM

PS3. Maybe little bit more expensive games but free network and blue ray. (if like watching hi-quality movies)
November 14, 2010 11:30:20 PM

I got a 360, I've had to fix it 5 times. from the 1 red ring to 3 rrod, to disc drive, to using a pc psu to run fans over heatsinks. It's literally a pile of parts on my floor... some how it still works... Personally, I played my friend's Ps3 and enjoyed... I'm never going to switch from PC to PS3, but I did enjoy the PS3.
November 14, 2010 11:31:49 PM

also, my favorite part about this forum is you don't find any fanboys rationalizing a console because the other is "retarded" these guys will give you straight, informative answers.
January 7, 2011 11:37:13 AM

I owned a X360 that I sold and now I have a PS3. For me the thing is very clear and I think PS3 is far superior than X360.

- HDD capacity: X360 as a microsoft HDD that is very expensive. PS3: you can buy any 2.5 HDD in the market and they tell you how to change it !!!

- Wifi: It comes included from the beginning in PS3

- Hardware: No brain, PS3 is far superior with Blue Ray. Don't get fool, you wont have never BR in X360. One thing that really bothered me in X360 was the strong noise it made. I cound't play at night because my kids get awake.

- Games: Yes, Halo series are strong and GoW is a great game. Personally I really like GoW. But PS3 has excelent titles as well (Resistance, Uncharted, Killzone, motorstorm, GT5, Little big planet and so on) with graphics and performance (rate frames) that really doesn't have comparison with the best titles in PS3.

- Online Gaming. PS3 is free and I play BFBC2, Resistance, KZ2, and so on without problems.

- Internet: PS3 has internet navigation, although is not as good as PC, it works. X360 doesn't have.

- Desing: I don't know now, but the huge transformer of the X360 is a lame. The X360 I bought didn't have HMDI. In PS3 you need only two cables to make it work: Power and HDMI.

I really think that X360 has the market share it has due only to three factors:
- I came out one year before PS3.
- Microsoft has deployed a strong commercial campaign.
- First PS3 came with some unusefull things as memory card reader that increase the price.

I'm very pleased I change my X360 for my PS3. It you consider all the small details there is a huge difference.
January 14, 2011 2:35:23 PM

just forget about console,,built a gaming PC,,u can play at very high resolution and more advance graphics..n so many tweak..
January 21, 2011 1:22:17 PM

I agree for the most part. I'd rather game on my rig than my PS3 anytime, but there are far more "console-exclusive" games than I'd care to think about, and the ones that do cross over to the PC platform are often delayed. Not always the case, or maybe it just is with the ones that I care about, but it does happen (Damn you AC: Brotherhood :pfff:  ).
January 21, 2011 5:59:18 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!