Update BIOS without floppy

emogoch

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2005
Hey guys,

New system just came in. YAY. First thing I'm seeing when looking through the post though is that it's not recognizing the X2 properly. I didn't get a floppy in this machine, so I'm wondering if there's a way that I can update my BIOS without one. Mobo is a DFI Lanparty UT SLI-D

emogoch

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2005
could try tossing windows on there, just as a dummy set-up. Of course, that'll take a long installation.

Problem with the floppy method is that not only will I have find a floppy disk (read: go buy one tomorrow), but I'll also have to take the disk drive that's currently in my other machine out and use that.

You'd think that they'd start doing things like this with CD's by now :(

emogoch

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2005
Would do it if I had a USB stick to go with :(

So, in either case, I need to make a trip to future shop tomorrow to either pick up a floppy or USB stick. Guess I should get some sleep then. Thanks for the help.

emogoch

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2005
Ah, so if you're trying to work the brain, how about this one: setting up a boot on LAN option, without the use of a floppy, period. How would you go about setting that up?

emogoch

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2005
For anyone else that's interested, managed to update my BIOS via CD using the instructions found <A HREF="http://www.biosflash.com/e/bios-boot-cd.htm" target="_new">here</A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've updated BIOS from a hard drive file (FAT32 partition) by booting from a 98SE CD.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>