Sign in with
Your question

MAFIA II Lagg When Driving.

Last response: in Video Games
October 8, 2010 11:25:31 PM

Hi i used to have a 8600GS GPU and played mafia ii with it, on medium/low settings it ran totally fine.
No i upgraded to a Sapphire 5770 and i get 4x more fps, so i play on medium/high settings.
Although i get around 50fps on those settings, when i drive a vehicle, it lags like crazy (1-10 fps)
So i tried turning the settings to LOWEST and in game i got around 130fps, but when i started driving i got 1-10 fps again.
Please help and thanks.

More about : mafia lagg driving

October 9, 2010 12:59:20 AM

what kind of processor/ hard drive setup do you have thats what'll make the most difference when driving due to loading in geometry - then the gfx card will load textures - but its pretty easy for most cards...
October 9, 2010 1:10:17 AM

silversurfernhs said:
what kind of processor/ hard drive setup do you have thats what'll make the most difference when driving due to loading in geometry - then the gfx card will load textures - but its pretty easy for most cards...

Im just gonna post most my specs:

CPU: Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (factory clock)
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770
HDD: 303GB (50GB left) 7200RPM OS and the game it self
HDD2: 460GB (75GB left) 7200RPM Movies and torrents
SSD: 150GB (50GB left) 0000RPM Save files from Sony Vegas
PSU: 650Watts Corsair
RAM: 3GB DDR2 (3x1GB)
Related resources
October 9, 2010 1:21:43 AM

i bet if u installed in on the SSD it would give you better performance while driving

My sys can max out the game (i mean full physx and 8x aa) and lock to 60 all the time except for when textures are streaming in it drops to 45 or so

Im pretty disappointed with the way it turned out - not nearly as detailed an environment as i expected due to being spoiled by gta series and the graphics arent all that great iether and yet its a bi*** to run/ glitchy...

forgot to mention i have it installed on a mechanical drive as well...
and also, just curious - why arent you using the ssd for the os and apps? seems a bit of a waste unless you have another purpose...
October 9, 2010 10:07:45 AM

silversurfernhs said:
i bet if u installed in on the SSD it would give you better performance while driving

My sys can max out the game (i mean full physx and 8x aa) and lock to 60 all the time except for when textures are streaming in it drops to 45 or so

Im pretty disappointed with the way it turned out - not nearly as detailed an environment as i expected due to being spoiled by gta series and the graphics arent all that great iether and yet its a bi*** to run/ glitchy...

and also, just curious - why arent you using the ssd for the os and apps? seems a bit of a waste unless you have another purpose...

Well my pc isn't home made, i bought it at a shop.
Although when i got it i didnt know allot about computers at all, i didn't even know there was more than one hard drive.
And when i got it, the os was installed on the Hard Drive, not the ssd, kinda wierd..
So when i upgraded to Windows 7, i installed it on the same drive.
But i am going to copy the whole folder over to my E:// drive (ssd)
Thanks, and if it works. I will tell you :) 
October 9, 2010 5:03:20 PM

silversurfernhs said:

Well i tried and when i launched it it was NO LAGG at all, but 2 hours later, it started lagging again.
So i restarted the game, and it was fine for a while, but then it lagged again.
So i just gotta restart every time it laggs
October 9, 2010 5:58:52 PM

OverHeating Problem im guessing
October 9, 2010 7:39:20 PM

Mithness said:
OverHeating Problem im guessing

it stays at MAX 48 Celsius
October 9, 2010 8:28:00 PM

I get texture corruption after the time period you stated - then restart and its fine again (until it happens again).
October 9, 2010 8:39:43 PM

silversurfernhs said:
I get texture corruption after the time period you stated - then restart and its fine again (until it happens again).

Ok then, seems like everyone has a simlar problem :) 
Im just curious, the pc specs you have are VERY simlar to the pc i am planning on getting.
Im getting:
CPU: i7 930 (later gonna upgrade to 980x when prices go down)
GPU: GTX 470 Point Of View (Later gonna upgrade to dual/3 5970's)
Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D
RAM: Dominator-GT 6GB 2000Mhz (later gonna upgrade to 12GB)
PSU: 1000W Corsair (Later gonna upgrade to 1500W Thermaltake)

What is your opinion on your build then?
October 9, 2010 9:13:03 PM

Never been more pleased to trade my money for these components. I'm gaming on 2 1680x1050 so i crank up the AA to 8x and all the 3d settings to max quality with 0 problems in any games (i play them all)... I had a UD3R mobo and the 5970 before this one and couldn't stand all the drama of glitches/ crappy driver support and small fixes for issues... Sent back all my components for this build and no problems what so ever - the only thing i would have done differently was include an SSD to complement the @$$ load of money i spent on it. My electric bill doubled/ trippled as well...
October 9, 2010 9:27:42 PM

silversurfernhs said:
Never been more pleased to trade my money for these components. I'm gaming on 2 1680x1050 so i crank up the AA to 8x and all the 3d settings to max quality with 0 problems in any games (i play them all)... I had a UD3R mobo and the 5970 before this one and couldn't stand all the drama of glitches/ crappy driver support and small fixes for issues... Sent back all my components for this build and no problems what so ever - the only thing i would have done differently was include an SSD to complement the @$$ load of money i spent on it. My electric bill doubled/ trippled as well...

Cheers, i hope my mum wont get pissed of by the electric build :p 
October 11, 2010 9:37:28 PM

I am a humble 5850 user :)  but the game doesnt stutter with me with driving but it does drop to about 35-40 FPS, I suggest you run furmark for about an hour and see if you have any overheating proplems, if not then its the games proplem not yours
!