Oblivion problem

G

hello there!
I have one very annoying problem with my oblivion(modded).
I was playing oblivion normally and was installing new mods every few days and all was working fine until i noticed that people in the imperial city and bruma have stopped going to work/sleep and some of them were just standing there talking to each other endlessly.I have partially fixed that problem but the stores added by mods are still empty and sometimes locked all the time(the propriators aren't dead I saw them whenever I was passing through the city), and one store(the elven path outside IC near Weye seems to be buried into the ground partially).Also, every time an NPC would try to initiate a conversation with me, my dude started automatically casting invisibility and chameleon spells on himself(without stopping until I initiate a conversation).I noticed this happening after I installed Chewus Oblivion afterlife mod(I died and got spawned in the purgatory and then loaded last save).But wait, this problem has a part 3 which is the campfires topped burning after I tried out and removed campfire behaiour mod.Can anyone help me pleaseee!!!!!

P.S:I have tried removing those mod-made stores and putting them again but nothing and I have reinstalled oblivion recently but kept my plugins(the plugins mentioned above are currently turned off).I'm using oblivion + shivering isles version 1.2.0416.
Thank you in advance

dtq

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006

Very true, and sometimes they only conflict if loaded in the wrong order even... I use Oblivion mod manager for all my mods, so I can track and trace which mod seems to be causing an issue.

G

I would get the unnoficial mod patch which helps towards some glitches in conflicting mods, plus if you have an npc which is set in a store but have mods saying they do different things and act in different ways it will conflict and only waiting around next to them will mean they go inside the store so try the mods seperately and see if they work

gordon_81

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
lol i downloaded a patch that was meant to fix all the glitches and etc off the oblivion website, and as i started playing again 2 items were added, a thing called a sex ball and something else anyway i checked the sex ball out and what it does is it makes your character do sexual acts like hump the air etc and you can choose what position/act you want him to do, the other item lets you make other people hump the air etc in the game, also it screwed up all my textures etc it made the floor purple in the whole game, basically it screwed my whole oblivion, i want to know how i could fix this kind of thing? and yes i got the patch thing of the proper oblivion site, i just dont understand why the hell this happened????

G

i had that problem before what you want to do is do a fresh install of oblivion, what you need to do is make sure you have only the official addons and install them in order from oblivion, shivering isles, knights of the nine then the rest. plus if you are having problems with the purple map on the ground you might want to get texture addons and it will wipe the current ones meaning it will be fine get rid of all the custom addons you have and it will be fine