No sound again ...

This is happening to me again after I replaced my hard drive and reinstalled
everything.

I can't get the sound to work in Doom3 on my XP Pro. I had it working
previously after updating my sound card drivers, but this time around it
doesn't help.

DirextX 9.0c installed.
Sound: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
Video: 128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Does anyone know how to get the sound working?
By the way, the sound works well in all other games and programs.

Never mind.
I uninstalled Total Recorder and the sound came back.

What is puzzling is that I had that application installed previously without
it affecting Doom3 ...

"joojo" <j@j.com> wrote in message
> This is happening to me again after I replaced my hard drive and
reinstalled
> everything.
>
> I can't get the sound to work in Doom3 on my XP Pro. I had it working
> previously after updating my sound card drivers, but this time around it
> doesn't help.
>
> DirextX 9.0c installed.
> Sound: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
> Video: 128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
>
> Does anyone know how to get the sound working?
> By the way, the sound works well in all other games and programs.

joojo wasted my time on 2/3/2005 11:07 PM with the following:
> Never mind.
> I uninstalled Total Recorder and the sound came back.
>
> What is puzzling is that I had that application installed previously without
> it affecting Doom3 ...
>
> "joojo" <j@j.com> wrote in message
>
>>This is happening to me again after I replaced my hard drive and
>
> reinstalled
>
>>everything.
>>
>>I can't get the sound to work in Doom3 on my XP Pro. I had it working
>>previously after updating my sound card drivers, but this time around it
>>doesn't help.
>>
>>DirextX 9.0c installed.
>>Sound: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
>>Video: 128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
>>
>>Does anyone know how to get the sound working?
>>By the way, the sound works well in all other games and programs.

Is it an Audigy 2 ZS per chance?

I think the audigy line is a bit tweaky with doom, especially that
particular model.

Might have something to do with your hardware acceleration (especially
if you are trying to use a 7.1 setup)

--
Noob - "do you hack?"
Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"