DLink DWL-g810 + Linksys WRT54G

Hi, Im trying to bridge a wired ethernet connection to wireless using
a Dlink DWL-G810 connecting to a Linksys WRT54G Wireless AP/Router.

Problem is when it connects it works for a few seconds then comes
on/off (mostly off) then kicks off other wifi clients - I have to
physically reboot the router.

Has anyone else had this problem? Im running a non-standard firmware
on the WRT54G but that wouldnt be the issue, would it?