Sign in with
Your question

Do you think the new medal of honor is going to be a fail?

Last response: in Video Games
October 10, 2010 11:51:07 AM

hey guys i was looking to get a new game to play online, i was looking at battlefield bad company 2, call of duty black ops when it comes out or medal of honor when it comes out? i was interested in medal of honor, a lot of people think its going to be crap some say its going to be awesome, also call of duty black ops looks like its going to be awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh0hGb2RUA0 but i heard it was made by the people who made world at war, and world at war was a fail, i heard medal of honor was like a mixture between battlefield and call of duty, like the maps are smaller than the battlefield 1s and bigger than the call of duty ones, and that gameplay is faster than battlefield, or i could just go for battlefield which is the safe choice as i already know its a good game, so what do you guys think?

More about : medal honor fail

October 17, 2010 8:07:29 PM

I finishd it in 5-7 hours not sure , but game was ,,, VERY GREAT , i realy have got nothing to say but it was one the greatest games in history of PC gAMES . game levels are too diffrente u gonna play it level by level without geting tired .
October 18, 2010 1:39:56 AM

Quote:
The game will rock.I want to play Taliban and shoot Nato Troophs.Come on dice release the game already.

EA has decided to remove Taliban name from MOH due to worrying about reality issues. Probably changed to some-name thing else..
Related resources
October 18, 2010 5:55:38 PM

Taliban is now called "Opposing Forces" (what military guys call Opfor). Don't you guys read gaming news? ;)  This was announced some time ago.

And as far as I'm concerned, the game is a Fail. Why? Because I refuse to buy it on principle. And it's just a remake of everything else they've ever done, just in a modern setting. I don't see anything new and exciting that makes me want to even play it.
October 18, 2010 6:12:56 PM

Ur mistaking Bro . MOD is GREAT , it has Diffrente Levels with great quality great textures & movments . Amazing action scenes . I realy had lot of fun by playing each second of that game ! TRY IT
Anonymous
October 18, 2010 6:50:28 PM

I dont know guys..but havent you had enough of console style FPS actions..IMO ...Honestly..i would prefer playing Operation Flashpoint DR to MOH!!
October 18, 2010 8:14:44 PM

Quote:
I dont know guys..but havent you had enough of console style FPS actions..IMO ...Honestly..i would prefer playing Operation Flashpoint DR to MOH!!

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising wasn't accepted very well over all. It had a log of bug issues in the beginning. :(  Fortunately, with bugs fixed, I finally enjoyed it. However, it still felt kind of clunky to me. The graphics were nice, and I enjoyed that it had some realism to it that wasn't just running around spraying bullets while screaming my head off.

However, there were a couple missions that were sorta "too hard". The one where you have to run on foot across a mile long field and then up a hillside to destroy artillery emplacements (that are repeatedly shooting at you by the way) was ridiculous. It's almost like the mission was broken and you were supposed to have been given a vehicle or something.
October 19, 2010 1:48:01 AM

I think as long as I can get lots of friggin' adrenaline action FPS I wouldn't mind buying one, esp. popular title such as MoH. I'd love to pawn hella lots of frags using Dragunov
Anonymous
October 19, 2010 5:46:13 AM

True OP Flashpoint DR had bugs....and some missions were tough. But i suppose that's where the fun was..its just my perspective! I've been playing FPS since Wolfenstein and am a die hard fan of Half Life.What has become more noticeable in the recent game is the amount of scripting that's involved and forcing the player to play in that typical corridor style. If you cant make a sandbox styled game like Crysis ..at least make a happy compromise...COD MW..MW2 represent open battles where you can have liberty of choosing your way to go about.They have been really nice but not that impressionable as Half Life or Even Doom 3. .....Regenerating health for a Marine.....???? Are they marines or Super Soldiers?? If you can put in so much for an AI ..rather put medics or Medi Packs ..or some'in more realistic. And if you take MW series...why does almost every second guy who gets hit has to stand up again to be hit again ???....IMO ...it takes part of fun away! If i had to encounter soldiers in that stupid numbers I would rather play Serious Sam ....! Even If making an arcadish game...at least put the bullet trajectories right so that we can apply more skill. MOH might not be bad but at least if you're pitching me against those Talibani Bastards gimme more realism so that I'm satisfied!! :)  .....
P.S : Respect for all the FPS out there!
October 19, 2010 6:43:43 AM

The feature of "Regeneration while not hurt" when hiding makes a normal soldier in MW2 looks badass like as super Marcus Fenix. Compare this instead CounterStrike's "100 health".. but still, a 1 health in CS can run as fast as 100 health and jumps, killing an enemy with a knife. [:andrern2000] But making a game with ultra-realistic element will make it very hard to play, as say, below 50% health player gets slower because of wounded, below 25% cannot hold a rifle, only pistol, aiming becomes much broader, recoil becomes much harder., in the end it's only a one-way trip for each soldier.,..
Let's just say that every game has its own gameplay..
October 19, 2010 5:21:41 PM

Yeah, ultra realism would be you die quickly, or become immobile at least. The game would have to register where bullets impact the body, and affect your movement based on the injury.
October 20, 2010 1:53:37 AM

Things are different when the character is Chuck norris.
October 20, 2010 11:00:35 AM

Why do u discuss about MOD that long ? play it enjoy it unless this thread gonna have milions of answers .
October 20, 2010 11:43:58 AM

Regarding health in shooters, I always try and think of it as "luck" - If you don't get into cover before your luck runs out, you die.

That way the magically healing soldier is less of an issue for me :D 
October 22, 2010 3:51:53 PM

ok i played MOH i think it is a bit of a fail and i prefer battlefield bad company 2, i dont like the MOH maps, i think MOH is dices perception of COD its meant to be a faster gameplay compared to bfbc2 and a bit slower than COD, its basically COD with the bfbc2 guns and interfaces in my opinion, personally im leading towards bfbc2 its an awesome game, now im just wondering what black ops is going to be like
October 22, 2010 7:33:11 PM

What ?? do u prefer Battle field 2 ? oh man come on , MOH is just great . it has different levels with very high Thrill , levels are unexpatable , in one level u are with helicopter & blow every thign up ( great detaisl , enemy Body Blow to a parts after heli take the shot ) . & next level u are A sniper ( sniper 2000 which blow the walls , its great feeling when u shoot with it ) musics , Fear of Fighting , for example some level u give order to ur Plane ( reaper 30 ) to shoot , u should just wait & listen to its firing & scary background Sound . oh man its just great .
October 22, 2010 8:22:59 PM

sir philus said:
ok i played MOH i think it is a bit of a fail and i prefer battlefield bad company 2, i dont like the MOH maps, i think MOH is dices perception of COD its meant to be a faster gameplay compared to bfbc2 and a bit slower than COD, its basically COD with the bfbc2 guns and interfaces in my opinion, personally im leading towards bfbc2 its an awesome game, now im just wondering what black ops is going to be like

Much faster than MOH. Drink lots of coffee and hype your reflexes if you want any success at COD.

Treyarch is the studio (who made World at War) and making the new Black Ops game. World at War was WWII...Treyarch's Black Ops is their first project in the Modern Warfare series (so I wouldn't judge too quickly). From what I've seen so far, Black Ops will meet everyone's expectations (which are extremely high after MW2).

I only played the Beta of MOH and it felt like COD (the DICE edition)...which is not my cup of tea. I enjoy DICE's BFBC2 because of the huge maps /w vehicles. I really enjoyed MW2 until I got fed up with all the cheats/hacks.

I personally can't wait for Black Ops which I believe will be the best FPS experience of the year.
October 23, 2010 5:05:45 PM

Alex The PC Gamer said:
Much faster than MOH. Drink lots of coffee and hype your reflexes if you want any success at COD.

Treyarch is the studio (who made World at War) and making the new Black Ops game. World at War was WWII...Treyarch's Black Ops is their first project in the Modern Warfare series (so I wouldn't judge too quickly). From what I've seen so far, Black Ops will meet everyone's expectations (which are extremely high after MW2).

I only played the Beta of MOH and it felt like COD (the DICE edition)...which is not my cup of tea. I enjoy DICE's BFBC2 because of the huge maps /w vehicles. I really enjoyed MW2 until I got fed up with all the cheats/hacks.

I personally can't wait for Black Ops which I believe will be the best FPS experience of the year.

i agree with you a friend of mine bought MOH i dont like the maps etc, i prefer bfbc2, what i would do is wait for bfbc vietnam or something, or check out black ops when it comes out, if its anything like the video it should be great
October 23, 2010 5:53:58 PM

Wanna Experience vietnam war ? go for COD 7
!