any idea how meru's virtual access points work?

Debbie Craft <d145@yahoo.com> wrote in news:10ojih2k620qd68
@news.supernews.com:

> http://www.wifizonenews.com/publications/page207-617160.asp
>
> I don't understand how all the APs can be on the same
> channel and not notice when they are roaming.
>
> They also say they can monitor RF with no data loss with only
> one radio. This doesn't seem likely.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanx

If you read thru that page, and their homepage, you will se that these
are not regular access points. They are Mero access points, which all
connect to a central controller.

What it says is that all of there AP's are connected together to make one
'virtual' AP. I would assumes the individual AP's have additional
processor's beyond the standard ones required by an AP, that continuously
monitor data and traffic flow. This info is then passed back to the
central controller which makes decision's on what to route where and at
what priority. The controller then passes new configuration info to the
AP's on the fly.

The one question I have is how do the individual AP talk back to the
controller.

Ragrds,

DanS