13" Well's Video game monitor

Kimbo1

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
Video Game, 8-Linner,13" Wells Gardner , CRT, Model WGE-1372-HOT-T582K I have a Vert. Collapse when turning on the machine.Brite thin line going from center top to bottom What parts do i need?Thank You Kimbo

dtq

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006
I assume its a crt monitor of some sort showing a single bright line on the screen?

If so its going to be part of the vertical hold circuit, sometimes just a bad joint sometimes a transistor. Unfortunately I couldnt give you any model specific pointers or part numbers. I just know when your image collapses to a single bright line its either the vertical hold or horizontal hold, depending on which way the line goes along the screen.

oh its also worth noting if you dont know what you're doing with a CRT monitor keep the heck out and find a old tv repair person who should be able to do it. Old tubes can hold seriously killer voltages! Ive seen them melt coins...

Kimbo1

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010

Yes, It a 13" Wells- Gardner, For a video game 8- linner, WGE-1372-HOT-T582K,Vert Collapse,Bright light in center of picture, going from top to bottom, when turning machine on.What Parts Do i need? Thank You Kimbo

dtq

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006

You are saying vertical collapse but a line going from top to bottom??

If the only image you are getting is a bright line from top to bottom and the rest of the screen is blank then you have a horizontal collapse and its the horizontal hold circuit that needs fixing. Its unlikelly in the extreme that the monitor will be fixed without soldering, its unlikelly to fixable by anyone who doesnt know what they are doing with a good multimeter. It may even require an oscilloscope to get to the bottom of it.

If you get a picture but its compressed vertically eg blank screen top and bottom, with a brighter line running through the image from top to bottom I have no realy idea whats going on.

As mousemonkey says this place isnt going to be your best bet, this place is mainly inhabited by people arguing whether or not crysis is a good game and what constitutes reasonable DRM.

Theres a fair few potential parts in the horizontal hold circuit that could cause the problem, its unlikelly anyone can give you a guaranteed "this one is the cause" unless that monitor has a specific known weakness.