Sign in with
Your question

Which socket 939 budget mainboard do you recommen?

Last response: in Motherboards
September 26, 2005 5:21:17 AM

Hi friends,
I'm looking for a good socket 939 motherboard which is not too expensive. I don't need SLI so the motherboard shouldn't have that. It can be either AGP or PCI-x. The most important factor is "Stabality" and "Compatibility".
thanks
a c 435 V Motherboard
September 26, 2005 10:17:04 AM

You really should choose either pci-e or agp before asking for a recommendation. Only one board supports both, the asrock 1695 uli board for about $70 at newegg. Only a handful of people have purchased one, with mixed results.
a b V Motherboard
September 26, 2005 3:11:54 PM

Read the Chaintech VNF4 Ultra review at SysOpt, then decide for yourself if it's the deal of the century.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Related resources
September 27, 2005 7:02:49 AM

I want PCI-express of course
September 27, 2005 8:57:03 PM

Nicely written. For someone not overclocking that looks nice.

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!
a b V Motherboard
September 27, 2005 11:18:10 PM

Yes, it's actually an extremely stable overclocker, but like I said, every time you go even a little too far (even something so simple as hanging windows before the login screen) BIOS reverts EVERYTHING. Of course after you do spend tens of hours re-entering your settings, you'll finally have a board that runs fine at super-high overclocks.

You'll like what Foxconn does to eliminate that problem on their high-end boards, and you'll see a review with that info tomorrow.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
!