Which socket 939 budget mainboard do you recommen?

mhaghaed

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2004
Hi friends,
I'm looking for a good socket 939 motherboard which is not too expensive. I don't need SLI so the motherboard shouldn't have that. It can be either AGP or PCI-x. The most important factor is "Stabality" and "Compatibility".
thanks

You really should choose either pci-e or agp before asking for a recommendation. Only one board supports both, the asrock 1695 uli board for about $70 at newegg. Only a handful of people have purchased one, with mixed results.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Read the Chaintech VNF4 Ultra review at SysOpt, then decide for yourself if it's the deal of the century.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, it's actually an extremely stable overclocker, but like I said, every time you go even a little too far (even something so simple as hanging windows before the login screen) BIOS reverts EVERYTHING. Of course after you do spend tens of hours re-entering your settings, you'll finally have a board that runs fine at super-high overclocks.

You'll like what Foxconn does to eliminate that problem on their high-end boards, and you'll see a review with that info tomorrow.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>