Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Gaming
  • Mice
  • Call of Duty
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
October 12, 2010 4:36:01 PM

Hi so about a month ago i bought a deathadder. its too low and i dont like how the mouse slopes down at the front. today i got my steelseries ikari and its pretty comfy exept that my ringfinger doesnt lay down properly on the side of the mouse which makes my hand cramp up!. could someone recommed me a good palm grip pretty big and steady mouse? im a quick scoper in cod 4, mw2 so i think i will need a laser mouse for precise movement. this ikari i bought is optical. thankful for reply!.

More about : gaming mouse

October 12, 2010 5:55:53 PM

Well.... cant give you anything other than MY favourite mice. I bought a G5 5-6 years back I think. Then bought another for my laptop as well.

Its honestly the best mice ever, never have any dramas, always precise and doesn't break down!

You can change sensitivity on the fly (I really like this feature) 2 extra buttons where your thumbs are (so important in WoW) and you can change the weight (i put maximum weight, love how heavy it feels, cant use any other mice now)

I think its impossible to buy the G5 now, but they have a newer model called the G500, which apparantly looks about the same, different pattern design, and a few extra buttons near the left button.

This mice is for Right handers only!

anyhow hope this helps!
October 12, 2010 10:22:45 PM

Right-handed, wired mouse, but my personal favorite is the Logitech MX518. It's been around for quite a while, the software to change what the buttons do is easy to use (tho sometimes you have to apply the changes twice to get them to stick)
Related resources
October 13, 2010 12:11:59 AM

I recently picked up the Logitech G9 laser mouse for a reasonable price.

Good bigger mouse with some nice features.
October 14, 2010 5:55:18 PM

coolermaster let out a storm series mouse maybe you could have a look at that, also what about the logitech darkfield or the gigabyte m8000x ghost ?
October 16, 2010 1:29:07 AM

donedoknow said:
Well.... cant give you anything other than MY favourite mice. I bought a G5 5-6 years back I think. Then bought another for my laptop as well.

Its honestly the best mice ever, never have any dramas, always precise and doesn't break down!

You can change sensitivity on the fly (I really like this feature) 2 extra buttons where your thumbs are (so important in WoW) and you can change the weight (i put maximum weight, love how heavy it feels, cant use any other mice now)

I think its impossible to buy the G5 now, but they have a newer model called the G500, which apparantly looks about the same, different pattern design, and a few extra buttons near the left button.

This mice is for Right handers only!

anyhow hope this helps!

I had the G5 as well and loved it, then the laser died out in me in 9ish months of moderate use. Logitech was awesome and sent me the G500 as the other model was phased out and I couldn't be happier. Feels great and is very responsive. It isn't very expensive and I wouldn't call it the best mouse out there but a nice addition to your gaming arsenal on a budget.

Also, the scroll wheel has a button below it that when pressed allows the scroll wheel to spin freely. It makes browsing long web pages much easier and I can honestly say I miss it when I have to use another mouse (especially at work).
November 7, 2010 3:39:30 PM

I have a MX518 which I like the feel of (especially important since i am left handed) and its worked great but recently it suddenly disconnects and then reconnects. Very frustrating, especially in the middle of an FPS game. It takes about 5 seconds to cycle during which I get killed almost every time. I am considering replacing it so I am finding this forum interesting. I like Logitech mice so I will probably go with that. the other feature I am looking for is a great wireless gaming mouse as the wires tend to curl and get tangled on the desktop with the keyboard, gaming pad, etc.. I just started looking at the G700. I think the best approach is to find what looks decent on the web and then go to the store and try it out (feel) so you'll know quick whether or not it will be comfortable.
November 8, 2010 2:59:04 AM

Microsoft Habu(basically a razer) is the best mouse ive used, feels comfy and is made for right handed people, i have the razer mamba now but still prefer my old habu
November 8, 2010 11:59:32 AM

Just ordered the CoolerMaster Storm Sentinel Advance. Tried to do a bit of research too. Guess the list came down to these for me:

Logitech G9x
MX518
CM Sentinel
Razer Deathadder

There will be pro's and con's to any Mouse you pick up. The element lies in your own personal preference, I guess. For me, the Sentinel simply 'caught' my eye! I didn't like the left button and wheel on the G9x.

Guess you can consider anyone of the above listed....you'll be quite happy either way.
November 18, 2010 12:46:07 AM

The perfect thing would be a G9 with a nice 20g weight as it adds precision for quick-scoping and has a nice palm grip style on it and a nice feel over all. they are pretty cheap too.
November 18, 2010 5:00:05 AM

Can you put a price on Peace??
November 18, 2010 8:52:48 PM

If you want a more "palmable" mouse a g5 or g500 as their called now is awesome. Thats what I have, and I love it. My friend loves his g9, seems durable too since he is always slamming it on the desk and throwing it at the wall during games...

both are logitec btw
November 18, 2010 9:01:21 PM

I love my Logitech MX518. I use one for work and on my home PC.
November 20, 2010 12:00:17 PM

Thanks all. Well it seems like I have a good mouse, just a bad unit perhaps. I will at least have fun researching all the options and I really appreciate your feedback and helping me narrow down the field.
November 24, 2010 9:40:23 AM

I'll just pipe in my new found love for the Cooler Master Sentinel Advanced which I got recently. It's a great mouse for all the purposes you mentioned above, with the ability to set custom horizontal and vertical sensitivities. Have a read on some of the reviews.
All the best! :) 
!