3. Select 'Internet Options' from the list of choices.
4. Go to the 'Programs' tab.
5. Find the 'Default Web Browsers' heading.
6. Click the 'Make Default' button.
7. Click 'OK.' Your default Internet browser is now Internet Explorer.
8. Test your new settings. If you designate Internet Explorer as you default browser, any Web link you click from your computer should now open in that program. For instance, if you click a link someone has sent you via email, the Web site should automatically load in a new Internet Explorer window or tab.