Sign in with
Your question
Closed

VPN client for gaming purposes

Last response: in Video Games
October 12, 2010 10:46:45 PM

Hello,

I have been looking for a VPN client t support lan gaming over internet.

had a look at Hamachi to setup a private lan network but it seems to be failing.

prob is that other players cannot find the created games.

so the question would be does anyone know of a client that i can use to create a personal game server without the hassle of hamachi?

games i would like to lan are

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
Split Second
Need for Speed Undercover
and some others but these are the prefered ones

or maybe someone can help me configure the settings so that Hamachi works :p  Coz i've been up and over google a million times but to no result any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated

running win7 64-bit ultimate btw

Greetz Nick
October 13, 2010 1:23:21 AM

sounds like you may have to forward some ports on your router. check out http://portforward.com/ and see what ports need to be forwarded for each game. follow the instructions and see if it clears things up. this site helped me a good bit when having similar problems. some routers already have settings for different games for this. if yours doesn't, you can usually save "profiles" for each game after you have figured out what ports to forward for the the game that you are trying to play.

hope this helps!
Score
October 13, 2010 7:22:45 AM

Hamachi works fine for me. Did you create a group on Hamachi for all your friends to join? Can you all see each other from within the Hamachi client?
Score
Related resources
October 13, 2010 10:27:15 AM

hey guys thanks for the reactions

i thought it had something to do with the router at first so i configured it allready but still no luck.

and we created a group and the funny thing is that we can see each other.

pinging and chatting works fine too thats why im a little confused O_o

Score
October 13, 2010 10:54:34 AM

OK, if you can all see and chat to each other in Hamachi, you should be able to find each other in the game lobby as well. Have everyone check and confirm that the game is set up to use the 5.xxx.xxx.xxx Hamachi IP address. Enter it manually if needed.
Score
October 21, 2010 7:19:29 PM

thnx for the reaction herr_koos

but i allready tried the solution you gave, forced the game to use the hamachi ip with ForceBindIP but still nothing
Score
October 21, 2010 8:40:28 PM

I also use hamachi and encountered the same problem (for Resident Evil 5). My solution was to download a little program that enabled me to keep constant connection between machines and voila, it worked. I'm trying to remember which program it was...Hmm. I'll get back to you on that one.

Until then...have the host and clients ping each other while trying to find the Host. (i.e. ping -t 192.168.x.x the "-t" will allow you to ping indefinitely, just hit Ctrl+C to cancel it. Let me know if it works. I'll try and find the program I had used tonight and get back to you by tomorrow.
Score
October 21, 2010 8:55:43 PM

I also use hamachi and encountered the same problem (for Resident Evil 5). My solution was to download a little program that enabled me to keep constant connection between machines and voila, it worked. I'm trying to remember which program it was...Hmm. I'll get back to you on that one.

Until then...have the host and clients ping each other while trying to find the Host. (i.e. ping -t 192.168.x.x the "-t" will allow you to ping indefinitely. If it works, once everyone has connected to the host, cancel the ping by hitting Ctrl+C. Let me know if this works. I'll try and find the program (some simple DOS program) I had used and get back to you by tomorrow (if it still isn't working).
Score

Best solution

October 22, 2010 5:00:16 PM

Has the ping -t worked for you? The program I was referring to is simply called "Hamachi fix". It's a utility that allows the hamachi tool to "wake up" to enable clients to connect to the Host.

You can try this as well: http://wiki.rtsu.net/Hamachi_Fix
October 24, 2010 12:34:23 PM

Thanks for the reply Alex i will try this one out for sure

mondaty will be the first chance i have after that ill post a reply :) 

i sure hope that the hamachi fix works :) 

i'll come back with the results!

Greetz
Score
October 24, 2010 12:38:05 PM

btw i noticed at the wiki site that there was no guide for win 7

will the vista way work on my machine running win 7 ultimate 64-bit?

Greetz
Score
October 24, 2010 8:20:53 PM

They're close enough under the hood that a Vista-related fix should work on 7 as well.

Strange that you're struggling though; Hamachi works perfectly fine on my Win 7 Professional.
Score
October 25, 2010 9:10:47 AM

oké perfect thnx for the respons

but it is strange that it works with you and doesnt here

are you using 64-bit aswell?
Score
October 25, 2010 11:24:05 AM

DaeM said:
oké perfect thnx for the respons

but it is strange that it works with you and doesnt here

are you using 64-bit aswell?

Jip.
Score
October 25, 2010 11:29:17 AM

got it to work! :D 

thnx for all the input guys the hamachi fix did the trick
Score
October 25, 2010 11:29:28 AM

Best answer selected by DaeM.
Score
October 25, 2010 12:58:34 PM

DaeM said:
got it to work! :D 

thnx for all the input guys the hamachi fix did the trick

Good to hear that fix worked for you. Have fun.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
October 25, 2010 3:40:59 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!