Call of Duty 4 crashes system

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Hello,
For the past few months I have been having an issue with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Almost every time I play online, my computer freezes and the sounds goes in to a quick loop. When it started I was running an ancient rig (Pentium 4 HT, 2 GB RAM, 8500GT), so I upgraded. Now I have an epic new gaming rig that runs everything under the sun (i7 980X, GTX 480, 12 GB 1866mhz DDR3), but the issue remains. I am pretty peeved about it. I sure as hell hope that the crash isn't damaging my brand new system.

I looked around on the internet, but all I found were issues with improper cooling and system overheating. I have a Corsair Hydro H-50 cooling my CPU, and performing beautifully with temps no higher than 30C, and a custom cooling profile on my Asus ENGTX 480, which never goes over 45C (It gets very VERY loud tho... wish I got the Zotac Amp! version =P).

If anybody would shed some light on how to fix this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

PudgyChicken

P.S.
My i7 980X came with a free download cupon for Napoleon Total War. Anybody want to trade me for a Call of Duty: MW2 code? I don't have the money to buy it otherwise, as I spent all my savings on this rig. If you're interested, send me a pm.

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
You said new system, did you install everything new, OS ? If no, be sure you install new drivers for everything and a new os.

If yes, then maybe the game itself may be damaged, when it reads the damaged part, it might crash.Its an assumption.

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
I did install the OS myself, and I have all the latest drivers for my system. Also, I have the latest patch for the game (1.7) as well as an installation of the original version on my disc (1.0), allowing me to play on a broad number of servers. This crash happens on both versions.

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Mottamort is correct that is what im reffering to, Go to your "sound manager" thats if your using Realtek drivers then click your "Advanced sound settings or something that will display devices of your sound card, When the little window pops open click left mouse button and then there should be something saying enable or disable devices look for Stereo mix, Then your solved.