Foxconn NF4K8AC-RS Bundle - what you think?

VinnieH

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2005
hey hey all,

Found this on the net and am very tempted by it as i'm on a tight budget for my upgrade and this combo is only £125 (not sure what that translates to in $'s):

Foxconn NF4K8AC-RS Skt.939 Motherboard Bundle Offer - Includes AMD Athlon64-3000 Processor & Heatsink/Fan

If this mobo sounds alright I think i'll splash out on a semi-decent graphics card like a Gigabyte Radeon X700 Pro 256MB PCI-Express Graphics Card with VIVO or a Gigabyte GeForce 6600 Turbo Force Edition 256MB PCI-E DVI VGA .

Going to buy it next week so any advice would be great.

Thanks peeps.

sturm

Splendid
Foxconn is the same company that makes the boards for HP/Compaq and Dell. The few reviews I have read said they were decent boards. They may not have all the options as better known boards but if it works, is stable, and gets the job done that you want, who cares.
try it out if it screws up send it back.
Let us know how things go.

VinnieH

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2005
so i'm the guinea pig then hey?

i guess im going to do it unless anyone has any other good ideas, its pretty darn cheap although i really wanted the 3200+ cpu.

That is $220 USD.
The price of a boxed 3000+ CPU here is $146 (82.87 pounds), but I couldn't find that board here in the states. I did find that mobo for ~36.43 pounds at pricerunner.co.uk

BTW, I found that combo for <A HREF="http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=18835" target="_new">less</A>.

<font color=orange>(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(")your signature to help him gain world
domination. </font color=orange>

TRENDING THREADS