Direct3D aceleration

deadkid101

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
Hello,
okay so here's my problem. i want to play the game Killing Floor (ive had it installed previously and it played perfectly no problems at all) but yesterday i re-installed it so i could once again kill zombies but when i click the shortcut to activate the game the game seems to start but then it says this: Please enable Direct3D acceleration. You can do this by starting dxdiag and enabling Direct3D Acceleration in the Display1/2 tab after installing DirectX 8.1b (or later) and the latest drivers for your graphics card. so im confused because when i open dxdiag the disable button isnt even available to click so its not disabled but to the left it says that DirectDraw acceleration,
Direct3D acceleration, and AGP texture acceleration are ALL unavailable. in fact the only clickable thing in the dxdiag program is the "Test DirectDraw" button and below in the notes region it says this:The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.
To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer. so i am utterly confused as to what i am supposed to do. my computer is up to par with all the game specs (ive played the game many times before ive already logged 149 hours on it) but now it just wont play and ive done every possible thing i could think to do. please help me with my situation in any way possible. thank you.

andrern2000

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
The overall signs are telling there are no participation from VGA card. The shorter term is similar to telling "You don't have a VGA card."
Firstly, do you have an external VGA card? ASUS, Gigabyte, Biostar, Zotac, EVGA, Sparkle, Sapphire etc?
It maybe possible you're using onboard VGA card.

If you have a VGA card, try reinstall the VGA driver once again.

What happens after you logged in for 149 hours? Power failure/outage?