USB ports 7-10 not working on DFI Ultra-D

redwingslv

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2004
Hi. I've been unable to get the USB ports 7,8,9 and 10 to work on my DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D. I've double checked that I have all the power connectors to the board, and on someone else's advice, check that the USB connectors are in the right order.

I've tried using a USB header from my old computer (which I know works) and it didn't work either.

Is there anything else I could be missing? A BIOS setting? A jumper? (I did try switch the USB Power select jumpers from 5V to 5VSB but didn't expect that to do anything.)

DFI said I should RMA the board if I can't get it to work. I just hate to tear everything apart, wait 2 weeks or more to get a new board and find out I have the same problem. I don't even know how much I will use the front USB ports anyway.

Any insights or are the USB ports probably just bad?

Thanks

DFI Lanparty Ultra, Venice 3200+, Leadtek 6600GT Extreme, Antec TP 2.0 550W, 1GB OCZ Gold, WD 160gb SATA 3.0gb/s(x2), Maxtor 60gb IDE, Pinnacle AV/DV Deluxe, Lite-On 1693S DVD, Logitech X530

redwingslv

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2004
Anyone has thoughts on this? I appreciate any help or insights you might have.

DFI Lanparty Ultra, Venice 3200+, Leadtek 6600GT Extreme, Antec TP 2.0 550W, 1GB OCZ Gold, WD 160gb SATA 3.0gb/s(x2), Maxtor 60gb IDE, Pinnacle AV/DV Deluxe, Lite-On 1693S DVD, Logitech X530

dhlucke

Polypheme
Go to dfi-street.com and check up on bios settings or just ask your question there to cover all your bases. You should get an answer soon enough so that hopefully you don't have to tear your rig down.

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!

pat

Expert
And probably the cost of shipping will be higher than the cost of an USB add-on card or a simple HUB for low speed peripherical like joystick, printers and scanners...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")<b>ώ</b>(") This is my bunny.. Still making Wingding's envy...