DOOM3, Hello Kitty, and you

SERVO

I DLed the Hello Kitty flashlight mod and when I extracted it there was
already a PAK file with the same name as the hello kitty file, so I
renamed the hello kitty mod and it doesn't work. Has NE1 else
encountered this and found a work around?
--
Servo
"It's only an island if you look at it from the water"

Servo wasted my time on 2/18/2005 5:07 PM with the following:
> I DLed the Hello Kitty flashlight mod and when I extracted it there was
> already a PAK file with the same name as the hello kitty file, so I
> renamed the hello kitty mod and it doesn't work. Has NE1 else
> encountered this and found a work around?

I'm assuming you followed some stupid instructions to put the mod in the
/base folder, yes?

Right then.

I'm not even going to bother writing specific instructions. Instead, go
here:

http://cdoom.d3files.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=345

Scroll down to my reply and read it.

That should tell you how to set up a mod.

Basically, you want a folder in your Doom 3 directory (not base) that is
called whatever the hell you want to call it (this name will appear in
the Mods menu)

Put the pk4 that came with the mod into this folder (the name should not
matter, as long as the data inside the pk4 is organized logically and
according to the rules of Doom3)

Then, run Doom 3 and open the Mods menu. Select your mod and confirm
(or just double-click)

Now when you run the game, the flashlight should be the hello kitty
flashlight mod.

--
Noob - "do you hack?"
Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"

SERVO

SnoopJeDi wrote:
> Servo wasted my time on 2/18/2005 5:07 PM with the following:
>
>> I DLed the Hello Kitty flashlight mod and when I extracted it there
>> was already a PAK file with the same name as the hello kitty file, so
>> I renamed the hello kitty mod and it doesn't work. Has NE1 else
>> encountered this and found a work around?
>

> I'm assuming you followed some stupid instructions to put the mod in the
> /base folder, yes?
>
> Right then.
>
> I'm not even going to bother writing specific instructions. Instead, go
> here:
>
> http://cdoom.d3files.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=345
>
> Scroll down to my reply and read it.
>
> That should tell you how to set up a mod.
>
> Basically, you want a folder in your Doom 3 directory (not base) that is
> called whatever the hell you want to call it (this name will appear in
> the Mods menu)
>
> Put the pk4 that came with the mod into this folder (the name should not
> matter, as long as the data inside the pk4 is organized logically and
> according to the rules of Doom3)
>
> Then, run Doom 3 and open the Mods menu. Select your mod and confirm
> (or just double-click)
>
> Now when you run the game, the flashlight should be the hello kitty
> flashlight mod.

hee..got it to work..thanks man!

--
Servo