Medal of Honor & 360 Controller

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Controller
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
October 14, 2010 7:51:52 PM

Got a question for the community. HOPEFULLY you guys are more mature than other game specific site I visit. I'm thinking about buying MoH for PC since I like the better graphics/frame rate etc, but i HATE keyboard and mouse for pc game (except RTS) so I want to know if the wired 360 controller works naively with MoH PC??

The game has been out for a few days now so if somebody has it can you let me know if it works. Also I don't know if the call of duty beta is out now, can anybody tell me if that supports controller as well. Thanks.

P.S. No, "why do that to yourself" or "who would use controller on a pc" Its none of your business why I use it. It's a yes or no question, if you don't have an actual answer please don't reply.

More about : medal honor 360 controller

October 14, 2010 8:46:18 PM

have you already bought the controller cause if not make sure that its the xbox 360 controller for windows. i dont think using a controller you get with the xbox will work in windows.

I dont have the game myself but i would be very suprised if you cant use the controller as it is supported on many games and i use it as well with my pc and its great!
m
l
October 15, 2010 10:04:43 AM

Dameon_Bananaman said:
have you already bought the controller cause if not make sure that its the xbox 360 controller for windows. i dont think using a controller you get with the xbox will work in windows.

!

sorry but you're talking rubbish - a wired xbox controller "for windows" is IDENTICAL to a wired controller for console. I regularly interchange mine - no issues.

as for the PC game, the controller works but controls cannot be cusomised & are not documented in options screens. you still need mouse to navigate some game menus. all the on-screen prompts are keyboard specific, even when you are using a controller.
m
l
Related resources
October 15, 2010 8:20:34 PM

Also, you will die alot playing with a controller vs keyboard + mouse. K+M is vastly superior for first person shooters.

Tom's even had an article about it a while back. A game company (I believe) when trying to decide to release a game so that console players and PC gamers played together on a FPS found that their was too big of a difference. Average K+M PC players destroyed console controller players. You have much better accuracy and control with K+M.

I'm hearing not much good about MoH too. I'm waiting for CoD-BO. I skipped MW2 (console port of suckiness for multiplayer) but have played COD-MW and older CoD games for years. I've tried playing them on friends consoles and just don't see how people can hit anything. Aiming with a control stick is so...archaic, clumsy and slow.
m
l
October 23, 2010 1:09:08 PM

Its not good man, single player apparently is fine, but multiplayer the sensitivity is crazy, really unplayable and i cant find a fix. its coz the single player and multiplayer are made by different people :( 
m
l
October 26, 2010 2:21:32 AM

note. i got used to games on 360 controller and am going back to pc for better graphics. i did buy a 360 wired controller for pc and Moh. the singleplayer does not support a control pad vut the multiplayer does however when trying the look aroung using the right stick all you do is spin around very fast. no way to adjust this. if you do please post

thanks unforgiven22
m
l
October 26, 2010 9:48:38 PM

Had the same problem as unforgiven in the open beta & from what I saw on steam today black ops will have controller support. Dont sweat all the guys giving crap about the controller preference I use my 360 controller alot on pc.
m
l
October 27, 2010 3:17:03 AM

yes it works perfectly fine with me
m
l
October 27, 2010 8:24:34 PM

youngster your 360 controller works perfect on Moh retail version
m
l
November 3, 2010 12:05:06 AM

Thanks for the info. I already knew I had to get the drivers. I play all my pc games with the 360 controller. I only asked about MoH because I know pc devs suffer from the same leet jackass-ness that player do in that they refuse support controllers in fps in most cases.

Well as long as the single player works i'm good. I don't give a rats ass about mult-player in games, except fighters.
m
l
!