Strange choppy performance in nfs MW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anik8

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
I have a XFX gt 240 ddr5 1gb and I've run Drit 2 at max setting in max resolution with like 39 FPS and there was no visible lag.
Then I've overclocked its core to 625Mhz, shader to 1522Mhz and memory to 1825Mhz and ran splinter cell conviction on high settings with 16x anisotropic and 8x MSAA --- it ran quite well except the cinematics which showed lot of cuts in frame rates.

But now taking a break,I decided to play NFS most wanted once again and surprisingly there are a lot of cuts and lags and immediately the driver crashes.
Next I reset my overclocking from MSI Afterburner and returned to the stock values but now the driver only remains intact and the cuts and lags still continue.What should I do?
Please help..... :cry:

Anik8

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
I've monitored them the card temp never crossed 70 deg Celsius when I ws on OC and in standard values the temp never touched 60 deg Celsius not even while gaming
and in case you need to know my PSU its CM 400W which is suffiecient for this card and this is the only gpu on my system

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
NFS series games are hard on graphics cards when all the eye candy is turned on. If you turn off motion blur you should see an increase in performance. I found that motion blur can really degrade performance on slower systems. Also, you may find that you need to turn down other options because the car reflections and other features can really bog down your system. On my system I can still find NFS Shift slows down below 60 FPS in certain locations even with Crossfire and a res of 1680x1050.

What resolution are you trying to play at? I doubt you would ever get fluid gameplay if your at 1920x1080

Anik8

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
oh no no most wanted never offer more resolution than 1024x768 so I'm stuck to that and uh yes I have put other texture detail, AA,level of detail etc etc to the max since this is a comparatively old game

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
Do you have all the latest patches installed? Patch 1.2 improved performance on some NVidia cards at highest resolution.

Did you try installing the newest drivers from NVidia? You may find increased performance due to the update.

Also, your graphics card may not be able to support fully eye candy, try different setting and see how much of a chance in performance you get. If you lower your eye candy a lot and find it still isn't getting good performance then we have ruled out that your system is most likely the problem.

Anik8

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
@wa1

Srry I missed the second part of ur suggestions bt yes I've reinstalled the latest driver 260.63 beta for like 10-12 times since last 2 days.

Should I try using the 259.96 WHQL one?

Even the FF XIV benchmarks are running well and better when OC

Anik8

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
@ deweycd
I hav tried lowest and highest settings on 1024x768 resolution.The probs are same
But if its a prob with d gt 240 then how cum Dirt 2 on max settings and sp cc running so well?? I'm confused

No I didn't use any patch only updated drivers to the very latest

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
Since Dirt 2 was providing you with good results and your having issues with all resolutions in NFS, I would say there is something wrong with how NFS is playing and not your system. IF you have installed new drivers and tied old drivers then it is unlikely that you will fix this issue through hardware. I'm not sure what else to suggest aside from updating your NFS to patch 1.3

Anik8

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
no luck wa1 .... same old probs with 258.96 drivers so I'm going back to the beta one agn.

ur rite deweycd I havn't installed any NFS patches.

Well then if these shameless :p issues keep occurring on I guess I'll have 2 sacrifice most wanted(its not hard I've already played the game b4) and there's newer faster and better games on the market which runs fine on my card.

thx for the support guyz...

Status
Not open for further replies.