Sign in with
Your question

Wow Cata or Guild wars 2

Last response: in Video Games
October 15, 2010 10:42:45 PM

ok so im a dedicated wow player been playing for the past 4 years and i love it but alot of my friends are saying that wow is gay n that guild wars 2 is gonna rape the new expansion so i want your oppions all input will be greatly appreciated thank you

More about : wow cata guild wars

October 16, 2010 1:58:33 PM

I played Guild wars for around 2 years, and then on and off as expansions came out (Had the account since release). I enjoyed it and I will be purchasing GW2. But as I got bored of GW I started to play WoW, and honestly I can't go back to GW as it seems so rigid. I find WoW has a lot of flexible elements to it.

I'm looking forward to GW2 more than cata, but I'll be getting both I guess.

And the fact that they call you 'gay' for playing WoW just tells me they are young/childish and have never played WoW. It can be very addicting. WoW is usually labelled crap because of the graphics and or grind element.
October 19, 2010 1:52:07 PM

i have played wow im 15 n im kinda the only one that plays it. the rest of them play shooters like call of duty n bfbc2 n think that wow is a waste of money n that rpgs are pathetic im the only one that plays
Related resources
October 19, 2010 3:31:19 PM

explain to your noob friends that mmo's are about complexity and great depth. Something their nob brains can not comprehend atm. You can do anything in the wow universe....including, but not limited to shooting people. in COD all you can do is shoot people. THATS IT, nothing else.

If they make fun of your monthly wow payments, explain to them that they have been fooled into paying at least $150 for the same game in a matter of months. different characters and slightly shinier guns. aka cod4, codmw2, bfbc2. IF they still dont get the joke, tell them the new metal of honor got a 9.5 on IGN and that they should go buy it.
October 19, 2010 3:57:05 PM

lol +1 to Kyle382, WoW does take alot more brain power.... but the grinding and rpg element gets alot of people off, If you like RPG's then wow is great... if you like thinking ... (like my self) you'll eventually (in my case, already happened) jump the bandwagon onto SC2 and / or Civ 5 (such an epic game... despite the bugs)
October 19, 2010 4:25:33 PM

As a side point, MW2 and BFBC2 both also include grinds in the multiplayer to unlock everything :D 

I stopped playing MW2 when they brought out the ridiculously expensive addon packs full of recycled maps.

I stopped playing BFBC2 when I met lots of 15-year-olds that said anything that killed them was "gay" or "noob". (Unlike MW2, BFBC2 requires teamwork to a) win and b) have fun).

I stopped playing WoW when it stopped being fun (because I was playing too much in a raiding guild). I started again when a friend of mine started playing. IU stopped again when finances got tight for a while and it seemed an easy expense to avoid. I started again when I could comfortably afford to. Added up over the years (main prog + expansions + subscription), WoW is by far the best value for money game I've ever had. Heck, it's probably the single best value-for-money form of entertainment I've ever enjoyed other than TV (taking into account TV purchase and UK TV license).

If your friends don't like it, you'll never convince them, but at least you can feel good about the amount they are getting ripped off compared to you :D .
October 19, 2010 7:41:54 PM

LOL shame im one of this guys friends and i really think you guys are being a bot harsh
Dude if you really think paying money every month just to play a game is awesome then lol @ you go check how much this one game is costing you ...
Dont tell us FPS gamers that we suck
Perhaps u should play the game in competitions
Guys we are all gamers seriously we all have the right to game ...
We like certain games because our minds are unique
But for some people this game is like an alter lifestyle ....
The only reason we tune him this game is gay is because
we are joking with him ...
If u like WOW thats kewl
but dont ever say FPS are crap cause that takes a lot of nerve ...
October 19, 2010 9:03:54 PM

WoW is okay, but I prefer games that don't require hours and hours of my life to enjoy. I don't need to be Rank 50 in Bad Company 2 to pwn the opposition, nor does my Rank affect my skill in SC2. I also love RPGs like Baldur's Gate 1,2, Icewind Dale, and others, but I don't care for WoW. Grinding is not an inherent attribute of good RPGs.
October 20, 2010 3:11:49 PM

ok listen we are from south africa it works out a 100 rand a month and each expansion and so on is 400 rand, bfbc2 and mw2 cost around 400 rand and you dont pay fees so how are we getting ripped off? please tell me?
October 20, 2010 5:15:48 PM

see those guys are my friends please prove my point to them
October 21, 2010 12:05:15 PM

The problem appears to be that your friends are unable to communicate effectively, based on that guy.

Play what you want, and decide if it's worth the money TO YOU.

Deciding it is too expensive because your 'friends' who prefer a totally different style of game say so is kinda pathetic. Make your own damn decisions. As for the "they keep calling it gay" thing - ignore it. It'll stop being interesting when you stop reacting to it and they won't bother any more.

And for Sir Philius: I don't see anyone in the thread saying FPS are crap. In fact, most of the gamers I know who play MMO games also play shooters. The only thing that most people are picking on is you guys telling him stuff is "gay" because it's not what you like.

It's the kind of thing I'd expect from a 15 year old, but seeing as he says you guys ARE 15 I reckon that's OK.
October 21, 2010 1:15:34 PM

win, thread closed
October 21, 2010 3:00:17 PM

kyle382 said:
win, thread closed

That's not really your call is it?
October 22, 2010 3:07:58 AM

nope.
October 22, 2010 9:27:54 AM

We played games to entertain ourselves. It make us happy.
October 22, 2010 12:18:18 PM

MockingbirdUK said:
The problem appears to be that your friends are unable to communicate effectively, based on that guy.

Play what you want, and decide if it's worth the money TO YOU.

Deciding it is too expensive because your 'friends' who prefer a totally different style of game say so is kinda pathetic. Make your own damn decisions. As for the "they keep calling it gay" thing - ignore it. It'll stop being interesting when you stop reacting to it and they won't bother any more.

And for Sir Philius: I don't see anyone in the thread saying FPS are crap. In fact, most of the gamers I know who play MMO games also play shooters. The only thing that most people are picking on is you guys telling him stuff is "gay" because it's not what you like.

It's the kind of thing I'd expect from a 15 year old, but seeing as he says you guys ARE 15 I reckon that's OK.

Shame lol us 15 year olds own u any day man ..... ;) 
Especially european gamers
!