sending ringtones to the phone

Last response: in Network Providers
September 7, 2004 1:39:32 PM

I sent a midi file from my computer to my phone, or at least I thought I
did.

I made the file an attachment to an email addressed to
<mytendigitcellphonenumber@vwpix.com>, and it disappeared into the bit
bucket. It never arrived at the phone that I can tell, nor did it
bounce.

Anyone got a reasonable explanation for this?

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous

"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
> I sent a midi file from my computer to my phone, or at least I thought I
> did.
>
> I made the file an attachment to an email addressed to
> <mytendigitcellphonenumber@vwpix.com>, and it disappeared into the bit
> bucket. It never arrived at the phone that I can tell, nor did it
> bounce.
>
> Anyone got a reasonable explanation for this?
>
> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.

Yeah, displaying politics and religion is just not too bright IMO. I mean,
do you imagine someone is sitting out there on the net, sees your signature
and is moved off the fence to vote your way? Never gunna happen. Same with
the other political direction.

Same with the fish on the backs of people cars. How many people were "saved"
by a bumper sticker? It's gotta be ZERO. But how many people were pissed off
at that the driver the thought: "ah, the hypocritical Christian!". Tons.

Politics and religion. Dude, that they teach us to avoid those topics of
conversations in Jr. high.

Now, your original question is valid, and I'd like to know the answer too.
But I'll bet that Verizon only allows emails from their system and
/dev/null's the rest like you suggested.

Karen
http://scootgirl.com/
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 4:33:08 PM

In article <10js29k5oofeffd@corp.supernews.com>,
"scootgirl.com" <duzfaq64@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> Now, your original question is valid, and I'd like to know the answer too.
> But I'll bet that Verizon only allows emails from their system and
> /dev/null's the rest like you suggested.

Well, that's an answer, not one I had hoped for, though, but it just
might be the case.

It is amazing, though, at how many people will ignore a question, but
get all bent out of shape at a tag line. It shows great insecurity on
their part.

Me, I ignore tag lines, unless they're funny.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
September 7, 2004 8:58:21 PM

"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
>I sent a midi file from my computer to my phone, or at least I thought I
> did.
>
> I made the file an attachment to an email addressed to
> <mytendigitcellphonenumber@vwpix.com>, and it disappeared into the bit
> bucket. It never arrived at the phone that I can tell, nor did it
> bounce.
>
> Anyone got a reasonable explanation for this?
>
> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.

With a sig like that, you expect people here to help you? Given your
politics, why not ask the government to solve your problems!
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 8:58:22 PM

In article <NMl%c.9093$Vl5.1571@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"Daniel Dravot" <chasham97NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
> > I sent a midi file from my computer to my phone, or at least I
> > thought I did.
> >
> > I made the file an attachment to an email addressed to
> > <mytendigitcellphonenumber@vwpix.com>, and it disappeared into the
> > bit bucket. It never arrived at the phone that I can tell, nor did
> > it bounce.
> >
> > Anyone got a reasonable explanation for this?
> >
> > --
> > Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
>
> With a sig like that, you expect people here to help you? Given your
> politics, why not ask the government to solve your problems!

I certainly don't expect a Bushbot like you to help me, or anyone else.
Bushies don't believe in helping anyone except the GOP's big-buck
contributors; they offer massive government welfare to them.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 8:58:22 PM

Every time I have seen it (that sig), I bit my tongue....
Figured that this wasn't the time, or place.

But, then she responds.... with the typical leftie nasty BS...
Which sure is becoming predictable from them, huh?

Four MORE!!!!

"Daniel Dravot" <chasham97NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
>>I sent a midi file from my computer to my phone, or at least I thought I
>> did.
>>
>> I made the file an attachment to an email addressed to
>> <mytendigitcellphonenumber@vwpix.com>, and it disappeared into the bit
>> bucket. It never arrived at the phone that I can tell, nor did it
>> bounce.
>>
>> Anyone got a reasonable explanation for this?
>>
>> --
>> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
>
> With a sig like that, you expect people here to help you? Given your
> politics, why not ask the government to solve your problems!

Anonymous
September 7, 2004 8:58:23 PM

In article <kMGdnT3y2vvZYKDcRVn-tg@giganews.com>,
"Richard Ness" <richard.no@damnspam.nessnet.com> wrote:

> Every time I have seen it (that sig), I bit my tongue....
> Figured that this wasn't the time, or place.
>
> But, then she responds.... with the typical leftie nasty BS...
> Which sure is becoming predictable from them, huh?

What is more predictable is the whining and misrepresentation that we've
come to expect from you right wingnuts. You seem to believe that you
can take pot shots and not expect any response. That goes with the
right wing's abdication of the idea of taking responsibility for the
results of your own actions.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
September 7, 2004 9:10:08 PM

That was great Daniel. I laughed out loud.

Rick

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:58:21 GMT, "Daniel Dravot"
<chasham97NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

>"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
>>I sent a midi file from my computer to my phone, or at least I thought I
>> did.
>>
>> I made the file an attachment to an email addressed to
>> <mytendigitcellphonenumber@vwpix.com>, and it disappeared into the bit
>> bucket. It never arrived at the phone that I can tell, nor did it
>> bounce.
>>
>> Anyone got a reasonable explanation for this?
>>
>> --
>> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
>
>With a sig like that, you expect people here to help you? Given your
>politics, why not ask the government to solve your problems!

Anonymous
September 7, 2004 9:30:56 PM

On 9/7/04 12:39 PM, in article
michelle-A0F561.09393207092004@news.west.cox.net, "Michelle Steiner"
<michelle@michelle.org> wrote:

> I sent a midi file from my computer to my phone, or at least I thought I
> did.
>
> I made the file an attachment to an email addressed to
> <mytendigitcellphonenumber@vwpix.com>, and it disappeared into the bit
> bucket. It never arrived at the phone that I can tell, nor did it
> bounce.
>
> Anyone got a reasonable explanation for this?

I think it's supposed to be @vzwpix.com But I have also heard Verizon
plugged that hole as well.
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 10:26:51 PM

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 09:39:32 -0700, Michelle Steiner
<michelle@michelle.org> wrote:

>I sent a midi file from my computer to my phone, or at least I thought I
>did.
>
>I made the file an attachment to an email addressed to
><mytendigitcellphonenumber@vwpix.com>, and it disappeared into the bit
>bucket. It never arrived at the phone that I can tell, nor did it
>bounce.
>
>Anyone got a reasonable explanation for this?

Michelle don't pay attention to the AOL'ers.

If that is the address you used the reason it didn't get there is
because you left off the letter "z" : @vzwpix.com

HTH.
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 10:26:52 PM

"forked" <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 09:39:32 -0700, Michelle Steiner
> <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:
[snip]
> >Anyone got a reasonable explanation for this?
>

> Michelle don't pay attention to the AOL'ers.
>
> If that is the address you used the reason it didn't get there is
> because you left off the letter "z" : @vzwpix.com
[snip]

Thanks. I then got a message to go here to get the pic:
http://www.vzwpix.com/mlib/getpix/ which is just some kind of a briefcase
which doesn't seem to be a link to actualy getting the ringtone to my
LG-VX3200.

Karen
http://scootgirl.com/
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 12:28:06 AM

It is @vzwpix.com and it still works.

David R. Goyer

--
All email is scanned and deemed virus free by Norton Anti-Virus 2003.
"Sneaker Freak" <sneakerfreak@covad.net> wrote in message
> On 9/7/04 12:39 PM, in article
> michelle-A0F561.09393207092004@news.west.cox.net, "Michelle Steiner"
> <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:
>
> > I sent a midi file from my computer to my phone, or at least I thought I
> > did.
> >
> > I made the file an attachment to an email addressed to
> > <mytendigitcellphonenumber@vwpix.com>, and it disappeared into the bit
> > bucket. It never arrived at the phone that I can tell, nor did it
> > bounce.
> >
> > Anyone got a reasonable explanation for this?
>
> I think it's supposed to be @vzwpix.com But I have also heard Verizon
> plugged that hole as well.

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 12:29:23 AM

Someone else her stated that they were not able to send ringtones directly
to their 3200. I have the 6000 and am able to do so.

David R. Goyer

--
"scootgirl.com" <duzfaq64@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
> "forked" <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 09:39:32 -0700, Michelle Steiner
> > <michelle@michelle.org> wrote:
> [snip]
> > >Anyone got a reasonable explanation for this?
> >

> > Michelle don't pay attention to the AOL'ers.
> >
> > If that is the address you used the reason it didn't get there is
> > because you left off the letter "z" : @vzwpix.com
> [snip]
>

> Thanks. I then got a message to go here to get the pic:
> http://www.vzwpix.com/mlib/getpix/ which is just some kind of a briefcase
> which doesn't seem to be a link to actualy getting the ringtone to my
> LG-VX3200.
>
> Karen
> http://scootgirl.com/

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 12:52:55 AM

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:26:03 -0700, "Richard Ness"
<richard.no@damnspam.nessnet.com> wrote:

>Every time I have seen it (that sig), I bit my tongue....
>Figured that this wasn't the time, or place.
>
>But, then she responds.... with the typical leftie nasty BS...
>Which sure is becoming predictable from them, huh?
>
>Four MORE!!!!

Agreed, this is NOT the forum for political discussion. I keep my
comments to myself unless its the proper place.

However, I agree with this post :-)

Dave
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 1:37:07 AM

In article <nadsj0hkjumbphqnntu7lon7t2qqsqmkfj@4ax.com>,
forked <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote:

> If that is the address you used the reason it didn't get there is
> because you left off the letter "z" : @vzwpix.com

Thanks. That fixed the problem. I wonder why they didn't bounce,
though.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 1:38:58 AM

In article <BD63A0D0.3C66%sneakerfreak@covad.net>,
Sneaker Freak <sneakerfreak@covad.net> wrote:

> I think it's supposed to be @vzwpix.com But I have also heard Verizon
> plugged that hole as well.

thanks. I received the message, but right now when I try to access the
plain text part, the phone hangs at "please wait." I haven't tried to
access the enclosure yet, though.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 6:06:44 AM

Don't know, but I just tried the same thing (using two small midi files) and
the same thing happened. Never got sent to my cellphone. I then tried
sending just a regular text message to my number at vtext.com and that
worked fine. I then tried forwarding the original vzwpix message to vtext
and the text made it but no attachments of course. I think if I really
wanted to receive pix messages I might have to sign up for that now... I
didn't have to on the vx6000 though.

"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
> I sent a midi file from my computer to my phone, or at least I thought I
> did.
>
> I made the file an attachment to an email addressed to
> <mytendigitcellphonenumber@vwpix.com>, and it disappeared into the bit
> bucket. It never arrived at the phone that I can tell, nor did it
> bounce.
>
> Anyone got a reasonable explanation for this?
>
> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
September 9, 2004 10:51:12 PM

>Four more years of the whole world hating us? Of breeding even more
>terrorists bent on our destruction? Of lying and sending a thousand good
>Americans to their deaths for the sake of friends' corporate profits? No
>thanks.

You are actually serious? You believe that really? Wow.
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 1:34:03 AM

Rick wrote:
>>Four more years of the whole world hating us? Of breeding even more
>>terrorists bent on our destruction? Of lying and sending a thousand good
>>Americans to their deaths for the sake of friends' corporate profits? No
>>thanks.
>

> You are actually serious? You believe that really? Wow.

US leaders like to piss off the rest of the world with their dickwaving.

September 13, 2004 11:17:57 AM

In article <dq86k01khc9fa4noq53mrk0u9hikqhdnrs@4ax.com>,
dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net says...
> On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 18:51:12 -0700, Rick <same@home.now> chose to add this
> to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:
>
> >>Four more years of the whole world hating us? Of breeding even more
> >>terrorists bent on our destruction? Of lying and sending a thousand good
> >>Americans to their deaths for the sake of friends' corporate profits? No
> >>thanks.
> >
> >You are actually serious? You believe that really? Wow.
>
> You are actually serious? You really don't believe that? Wow.
>
> I have a friend who currently lives in Japan and often travels to other
> countries in Asia and Europe, and reads various newspapers (their web
> sites) from around the world, and they pretty much all hate us for invading
> Iraq. We had a lot of international sympathy and good will after 9/11.
> Nobody thought the worse of us for invading Afghanistan. Then W went to
> Iraq and blew all of it and more. My friend has another friend there with
> dual (U.S. and something else) citizenship; after the invasion of Iraq, he
> went to the U.S. embassy and renounced his U.S. citizenship.
>
> You know why you keep hearing about Halliburton employees getting killed
> over there? It's because that company got no-bid contracts to do all kinds
> of work there. Pays to have a buddy in the Vice President's office...

If all your friends are so correct and you are so unhappy then why not
go with them.

I'd rather fight them overseas than on our soil.

If you think G.W. or the V.P. are the only politicians to perform
unethically...if indeed they did...then take a look around! You might
start with the Clintons and the Kennedys!

Besides, terrorism of Americans did not start with 9/11.

--

Drum-
Anonymous

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 07:17:57 -0400, Drumstick <ryburk@no.spam.yahoo.com>
chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
everything:

>If you think G.W. or the V.P. are the only politicians to perform
>unethically...if indeed they did...then take a look around! You might
>start with the Clintons and the Kennedys!

The Kennedys are no longer relevant (JFK died 3 years before I was born, so
I think it's been long enough). As for the Clintons, Ken Starr ostensibly
started investigating Whitewater. $75M later, his many-hundred page report
proved nothing about Whitewater and in fact mentioned it a grand total of
three times. Anyway, Clinton didn't invade a sovereign nation and kill
untold numbers of its citizens, plus over a thousand American soldiers, for
the furtherance of whatever corruption he may or may not have had going on.

I love my country; I'm just ashamed (and afraid) of its current government.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"Awfully unsporting of me, I know, but what the hey, I gotta have *some*
fun." - Daffy Duck
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 10:09:00 PM

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 12:31:18 -0700, Michelle Steiner wrote:

> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.

Since you brought it up:

Something to ponder, especially for those too young to remember the Vietnam
war.
Reprinted from NewsMax.com

John Kerry vs. The 14th Amendment
Raymond S. Kraft
Monday, Sept. 13, 2004

In 1971, upon returning from four months service in Vietnam and while still
a Naval officer, John Kerry testified openly, publicly, before Congress,
that he and everyone else serving in Vietnam had committed atrocities, that
they were all war criminals.

Kerry quickly became active and influential in the Vietnam Veterans Against
the War, organizing and leading anti-war protests. Kerry wrote a book, "The
New Soldier," that set out his criticism of America's war against the
malignancy of communism. John Kerry went to Paris where he conducted
private, illegal, diplomacy with the North Vietnamese, and returned to
advocate that America surrender to North Vietnam, and on our enemies' terms.
He became an advocate for America's enemy. The North Vietnamese seized on
John Kerry's book and speeches and used them for psychological warfare,
torture, against American POW's in Hanoi. Kerry's anti-war words and deeds
helped turn America's military victory into a political defeat, and North
Vietnam's military defeat into a political victory.

Kerry's actions were doubtless instrumental in prolonging the war, and
adding to the number of Americans wounded in action, and to those killed in
action, whose names are now engraved on the Vietnam War Memorial in
Washington, D.C. - The Wall.

This is not rumor, nor speculation, nor spin. Kerry did all these things
openly, publicly, proudly, intentionally, willfully, and deliberately, in
the full light of day and history.

He did these things with an obvious and express intention to impede
America's war effort, and assist its enemy. It is common, public knowledge,
and fully, indisputably documented. John Kerry, while an officer of the
United States, knowingly, willfully, deliberately, intentionally gave aid
and comfort to America's enemy in a time of war.

The Constitution of the United States, Article 14, Section 3 (also known as
Amendment 14, Section 3) states in relevant part:

"No person shall be a senator or representative in Congress, or elector of
President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military . . .
who, having previously taken an oath . . . as an officer of the United
States . . . to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have
engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or
comfort to the enemies thereof . . ."

When John Kerry became a Naval officer, he took an oath to protect and
uphold the Constitution of the United States. Afterward, upon his return
from Viet Nam, he openly, publicly, and proudly, gave aid and comfort to
America's enemies.

Having given aid and comfort to America's enemy, while a Naval officer of
the United States, John Kerry is clearly and unequivocally disqualified,
barred, by Article 14, Section 3, of the Constitution, from serving as a
Senator or as President.

When John Kerry was elected to the Senate, he again took an oath to protect
and uphold the Constitution. Having taken that oath, I believe, he is now
bound by that oath to resign from the Senate, and to resign his presidential
candidacy, since he is not qualified to serve in the Senate, or as
President, even if he is elected.

Raymond S. Kraft is a writer and recovering lawyer living in Northern
California. He may be reached at rskraft@vfr.net.

I wonder, if Kerry by some chance should win could he be removed from office
because of this? Interesting thought.

At least "W" didn't desecrate his country and the lives of those lost in the
war.
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 10:09:01 PM

In article <1ene55y1c8y2n.9u07n6j3lczj.dlg@40tude.net>,
Sensor Man <sensorman@hoho.tz> wrote:

> He did these things with an obvious and express intention to impede
> America's war effort, and assist its enemy. It is common, public
> knowledge, and fully, indisputably documented. John Kerry, while an
> officer of the United States, knowingly, willfully, deliberately,
> intentionally gave aid and comfort to America's enemy in a time of
> war.

No, he did it in an effort to shed the light of facts and truth about
the conflict.

> I wonder, if Kerry by some chance should win could he be removed from
> office because of this? Interesting thought.

And a completely bogus thought as well. He didn't give any aid or
comfort to the enemy.

> At least "W" didn't desecrate his country and the lives of those lost
> in the war.

Not only did he, but he's still doing it; he started doing it in March
or April of 2003.

Never trust a Bushite to be truthful or factual; it's not in their
nature.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 8:08:12 AM

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:09:00 GMT, Sensor Man <sensorman@hoho.tz> chose to
add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

>On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 12:31:18 -0700, Michelle Steiner wrote:
>
>> --
>> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
>
>Since you brought it up:
>
>Something to ponder, especially for those too young to remember the Vietnam
>war.

I suspect Michelle is old enough, based on the fact that she has a hearing
aid. I have nothing more than a vague memory of the end of it.

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Reprinted from NewsMax.com
>
>John Kerry vs. The 14th Amendment
>Raymond S. Kraft
>Monday, Sept. 13, 2004
>
>In 1971, upon returning from four months service in Vietnam and while still
>a Naval officer, John Kerry testified openly, publicly, before Congress,
>that he and everyone else serving in Vietnam had committed atrocities, that
>they were all war criminals.

Fact.

>Kerry quickly became active and influential in the Vietnam Veterans Against
>the War, organizing and leading anti-war protests. Kerry wrote a book, "The
>New Soldier," that set out his criticism of America's war against the
>malignancy of communism. John Kerry went to Paris where he conducted
>private, illegal, diplomacy with the North Vietnamese, and returned to
>advocate that America surrender to North Vietnam, and on our enemies' terms.

I'll accept that as fact, for the moment.

>He became an advocate for America's enemy.

Opinion and/or interpretation.

> The North Vietnamese seized on
>John Kerry's book and speeches and used them for psychological warfare,
>torture, against American POW's in Hanoi.

Probably fact.

> Kerry's anti-war words and deeds
>helped turn America's military victory into a political defeat, and North
>Vietnam's military defeat into a political victory.

What military victory?

>Kerry's actions were doubtless instrumental in prolonging the war, and
>adding to the number of Americans wounded in action, and to those killed in
>action, whose names are now engraved on the Vietnam War Memorial in
>Washington, D.C. - The Wall.

Despite the "doubtless" this is pure opinion.

>This is not rumor, nor speculation, nor spin. Kerry did all these things
>openly, publicly, proudly, intentionally, willfully, and deliberately, in
>the full light of day and history.

The things that he did, he did.

>He did these things with an obvious and express intention to impede
>America's war effort, and assist its enemy. It is common, public knowledge,
>and fully, indisputably documented. John Kerry, while an officer of the
>United States, knowingly, willfully, deliberately, intentionally gave aid
>and comfort to America's enemy in a time of war.

Again, pure opinion. Was he ever charged with, let alone convicted of,
giving aid and comfort to the enemy?

>The Constitution of the United States, Article 14, Section 3 (also known as
>Amendment 14, Section 3) states in relevant part:
>
>"No person shall be a senator or representative in Congress, or elector of
>President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military . . .
>who, having previously taken an oath . . . as an officer of the United
>States . . . to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have
>engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or
>comfort to the enemies thereof . . ."

In accordance with other parts of the Constitution, he would have to be
convicted of it for this to kick in.

>When John Kerry became a Naval officer, he took an oath to protect and
>uphold the Constitution of the United States. Afterward, upon his return
>from Viet Nam, he openly, publicly, and proudly, gave aid and comfort to
>America's enemies.

That's one way of interpreting it, but just because he said his own
government was wrong doesn't mean he thought the Communist government was
good or right.

>Having given aid and comfort to America's enemy, while a Naval officer of
>the United States, John Kerry is clearly and unequivocally disqualified,
>barred, by Article 14, Section 3, of the Constitution, from serving as a
>Senator or as President.

Again, it is the writer's opinion that he did so, and he would have to be
convicted of it for this article to be in effect.

>When John Kerry was elected to the Senate, he again took an oath to protect
>and uphold the Constitution. Having taken that oath, I believe, he is now
>bound by that oath to resign from the Senate, and to resign his presidential
>candidacy, since he is not qualified to serve in the Senate, or as
>President, even if he is elected.

Note the "I believe."

>Raymond S. Kraft is a writer and recovering lawyer living in Northern
>California. He may be reached at rskraft@vfr.net.
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>I wonder, if Kerry by some chance should win could he be removed from office
>because of this? Interesting thought.

As I said, he would have to have been convicted.

>At least "W" didn't desecrate his country and the lives of those lost in the
>war.

At least Kerry protested the war because he felt strongly about it, as
opposed to W and Dick, who have killed over 1,000 American soldiers (all of
them highly professional volunteers, btw, not (in many cases) stoned
draftees) for the purpose of lining their buddies' pockets.

And then there's the environment. Yes, W is promoting research into
hydrogen-fuel vehicles... as long as the hydrogen is produced exclusively
from oil, in ways that use at least as much oil and create at least as much
pollution as regular gasoline vehicles. Which of course means more profits
for his friends and continued dependence on the Middle East.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"'Son,' I dreamed the Major Leagues would tell me, 'you stink. We're
kicking you out of Little League.' I would have been grateful."
- Dave Barry
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 8:08:13 AM

In article <dnefk0ho7ive8e8hjav3241u1d1tpi1gfu@4ax.com>,
David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote:

> >Something to ponder, especially for those too young to remember the
> >Vietnam war.
>
> I suspect Michelle is old enough, based on the fact that she has a
> hearing aid.

I'm old enough, based on the fact I served in it. BTW, not just "old"
people wear hearing aids; a friend of mine has been wearing one since
she was three years old.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 6:55:50 AM

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:18:32 -0700, Michelle Steiner
<michelle@michelle.org> chose to add this to the great equation of life,
the universe, and everything:

>In article <dnefk0ho7ive8e8hjav3241u1d1tpi1gfu@4ax.com>,
> David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote:
>
>> >Something to ponder, especially for those too young to remember the
>> >Vietnam war.
>>
>> I suspect Michelle is old enough, based on the fact that she has a
>> hearing aid.
>
>I'm old enough, based on the fact I served in it. BTW, not just "old"
>people wear hearing aids; a friend of mine has been wearing one since
>she was three years old.

I know that (and almost mentioned the possibility, but it would have added
confusion), but it's not very common.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"STOP: DRIVE SIDEWAYS" - detour sign in Kyushi, Japan
!