Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Bad Company 2 - Vietnam

Last response: in Video Games
Share
October 17, 2010 1:55:51 PM

Ok...who is getting it? The map photo that they released in their blog looks like sniper heaven but reminds me of the old BF2 map so I am excited. I am worried about the gimmick factor though. 60's radio in game? Hmm....

More about : bad company vietnam

October 17, 2010 2:02:07 PM

looks so uninteresting and non-creative it makes me sick. The new call of duty modern warfare came out...oh ok lets crank out a better version and call it bad company 2 even thou the 1st one sucked nards.

Oh the new call of duty Vietnam black ops is coming out...oh ok lets crank out a better version and call it battlefield...Vietnam.

Sad times are these in the gaming industry when innovation=do what your competition did with 1 degree of difference and hope its better. Or in the case that game is not as good as competition...hope players have enough monies to buy both.

I hope nobody buys this game OR the new metal of honor. Its a remake of a remake of a remake that needs to be redirected to the garbage directly. Nothing new at all in medal of honor as far is i can tell except a backwards hat on your character...soo badass...it makes me want to drop $60 on the same ***.
m
0
l
October 17, 2010 3:08:41 PM

I agree with u on MOH. I played the demo and it is a poor attempt to copy COD IMO. Bad CO however is pretty entertaining for me. Just like BF2 and 2142 they have expansions to purchase so you can't say this is just to counter or copy COD...they have been doing this for a while.
m
0
l
Related resources
October 17, 2010 6:59:20 PM

I also prefer bfbc2 to any other FPS, but still maintain that they copy each other unnecessarily. bfbc2 is not like bf2 or 2142, but when battlefield 3 comes out...we will all rejoice.

1 month later call of duty modern warfare 3 will be released. Rofling.
m
0
l
October 18, 2010 11:56:53 AM

"We will all rejoice"

However if the VOIP doesn't work then we will all rejoice individually... and then go back to playing 2142 where you can communicate with your squadmates and commander.
m
0
l
October 18, 2010 2:48:15 PM

hmm...no I don't think ANYONE will play 2142 over battlefield 3 unless they have a futuristic robot hard-on.

battlefield 2 chat was extremely effective and battlefield 3 will be even better. BCBC2 was not meant to be a game of strategy and communication, but rather a game to take sales away from crap CODmw2. *marks another day of calender*
m
0
l
October 18, 2010 2:49:38 PM

oh and btw spina..MOH got a 6.5 "passable" review on IGN today for reasons as predicted.

"not even DICE's talented multiplayer designers are able to elevate Medal of Honor to something memorable."

you now can recieve an F....for failure danger close. bye now.
m
0
l
October 18, 2010 4:17:45 PM

kyle382 said:
oh and btw spina..MOH got a 6.5 "passable" review on IGN today for reasons as predicted.

"not even DICE's talented multiplayer designers are able to elevate Medal of Honor to something memorable."

you now can recieve an F....for failure danger close. bye now.


Ha I'm not surprised. Right when they announced the bf3 beta access through MOH I knew it was a sign of MOH suckage. I wonder how many people bought it just to get to bf3 beta.
m
0
l
October 18, 2010 5:16:18 PM

OllieUK said:
"We will all rejoice"

However if the VOIP doesn't work then we will all rejoice individually... and then go back to playing 2142 where you can communicate with your squadmates and commander.


Team Speak
http://www.teamspeak.com/
m
0
l
October 18, 2010 6:12:41 PM

meh, battlefield has an actually usable in game voice function. Join a squad and you only speak to 4-5 guys as compared to all 30 potentially 14 year old noob cannons. The audio quality was not bad.
m
0
l
October 19, 2010 8:47:24 AM

Teamspeak is fine for matches, and having a laugh with people between sides ouside of a round. When playing a public server though not everyone is gonna be on teamspeak. Unfortunately I never played BF2 so am not familiar with it's chat. But working in game VOIP is so common these days (2142, TF2, L4D2 from what I play) that to not have it working on a modern squad based FPS is just plain wrong. BF3 will I hope prove that EA/DICE can remember how to do it and we can bask again in the glorious squadplay that just managed to elude us on BC2. And I think that is why 2142 carries on, not for the futuristic vehicles (in fact a lot of servers are infantry only) but for the fact that the SL can talk with squadmates.
m
0
l
October 19, 2010 10:47:49 AM

I mainly play TF2 & L4D2 with TF2 my absolute favorite. And one of the reasons I like this games is the voice chat possibility...

However, lately I was wondering which is worth buying: BF:BC2 or COD MW2?

I'm planning to play them mainly online, so which one is better (more fun)? Or i should plain wait for BC2-Vietnam?
m
0
l
October 19, 2010 2:29:35 PM

get bfbc2. codmw2 is a joke next to it. BC2 Vietnam will be the same crap, but you get different weapons...like old rusty ak's i imagine. shhot em up bud.
m
0
l
October 19, 2010 2:33:41 PM

OllieUK said:
Teamspeak is fine for matches, and having a laugh with people between sides ouside of a round. When playing a public server though not everyone is gonna be on teamspeak. Unfortunately I never played BF2 so am not familiar with it's chat. But working in game VOIP is so common these days (2142, TF2, L4D2 from what I play) that to not have it working on a modern squad based FPS is just plain wrong. BF3 will I hope prove that EA/DICE can remember how to do it and we can bask again in the glorious squadplay that just managed to elude us on BC2. And I think that is why 2142 carries on, not for the futuristic vehicles (in fact a lot of servers are infantry only) but for the fact that the SL can talk with squadmates.


I was not implying that ppl play 2142 for the vehicles, but because they are into futuristic themes. Its graphics are just horribly outdated at this time and I also prefer realism. For example a 1911 pistol exists in real life.

Lets see....other than that you basically just repeated everything I already said. lol
m
0
l
!