Do i need a license for

blackened_19

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
Hello,
do i need a license for hosting a game for more than three computers if so where could i go? and what eles do i need to do its my first time hosting and know about the ports is there any thang eles i need to do?

blackened_19

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
the reson i ask is it is im working with people to keep them off the streets and out of truble and i dont whant to be in truble i thank any all and any one who can help me in this

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Perhaps we can all stop guessing?

Which game did you have in mind? Each game has their own End User License Agreement (EULA). In other words, with one game you could buy 1 copy and intall it on any PC (older games) or sometimes they give you a number of times the game can be installed (new games). Other EULA found in games consist of using a serial code or login (if it's login in an online server) in which you would have to buy each copy seperately even if it it's LAN gaming.

Nobody is guessing, AFAIK all MP games are tied to a single key. This means that you cannot have 2 PC's running on a single key for the sole purpose of playing "ONLINE" (MP).

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

I really hate to disagree with a Moderator but until we know which game he/she is asking about, we really can't confirm (or assume) anything about EULA and it's LAN restriction/exemptions. Furthermore, the person is calling on behalf of an orginazation or government service and breaching the EULA as such is far more serious than a breach for personal use (at least, legally) ...so we need to know the specifics to answer this specific question.

That said, most will require each user/player to have their own serial or server authentification to play with other players (LAN or WAN).

blackened_19: Your best bet is to read the EULA for the game in question. If unsure, let us know which game you're enquiring about and we'll try and answer to the best of our knowledge.

Well let me re-phrase, most modern games that have LAN as an option normally are tied to one key per PC. This is simple, find an MP game that will let you use the same key on multiple PC's and I will give you the benefit of the doubt ;)

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007

It's a simple assumption, which is probably right....but an assumption nonetheless. :kaola: