[SOLVED] Ticking sound in my audio IMAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhatton

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Hello, I have a recording studio using an IMAC, Mackie mixer, RE20 MIC and Adobe Audition 5.5. When I am recording with pauses I hear a distinct ticking in background. Is this a sound card issue or an Issue with Latency?

Solution
I think I have figured out my problem. I recorded audio in both Audacity and Garage band with no ticks or hiss. I did an update this past summer with MAC(Lion) and don't know if its related but the problem is in Adoba Audition 5.5. I contacted them but don't expect a response as you have to pay them for TECH support and I personally refuse to do that when I have spent money on their product. Its a shame because I like Audition and have used it since 1.0.

Dhatton

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011

I should ad that I don't hear it recording into but during playback.

Collier2010

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
i actually have this same problem i discovered it whilst using palringo chat sending audio messages to my friend his was doing the same, instinctively i thought it may be the speaker getting feedback from the microphone but would apple make this sort of error??? i doubt it, and yes halcyon i could hear it through my headphones

Collier2010

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
thanks halcyon, hmmm so apple immediately offered a replacement do you think i could pay the extra to get an upgrade? if i wish to replace that is? I've got the 27" 2.8g 512 graphics card but after recentley purchasing a game and testing the graphics card for the first time really fancy the 27" 3.1ghz with the 1gb gaphics card

halcyon

Splendid

I don't know, but i have a feeling that Apple won't do that...who knows. It can't hurt to ask.

Dhatton

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Yes. I hear the ticking in both headphones and speakers. I moved my studio to another part of my house and still having a Hiss in the audio. I suspect its probably wiring in the house. Power conditioner may or may not help but may be an option.

Collier2010

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

Judging by the thread that halcyon has posted above seems like there is quite a few people with this same issue, so I probs wouldint think it had anything to do with the wiring of your house seems to coincidental that me and my friend are both getting the same issue "so don't be pulling any plasterboards off as of yet" :)

Dhatton

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
I think I have figured out my problem. I recorded audio in both Audacity and Garage band with no ticks or hiss. I did an update this past summer with MAC(Lion) and don't know if its related but the problem is in Adoba Audition 5.5. I contacted them but don't expect a response as you have to pay them for TECH support and I personally refuse to do that when I have spent money on their product. Its a shame because I like Audition and have used it since 1.0.

Solution

halcyon

Splendid

That's happened to me several times. THG's servers sometimes are slow to render your posts and you end up trying to re-post to compensate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS