ASUS A7N8X beeping

G

ASUS A7N8X motherboard doesn’t boot up, it just continuously beeps when turned on. It worked fine before yesterday. The only thing I have done is given the case a clean and removed the dust from the fans etc. I have tried unplugging everything except the basic boot up devices, taking the Ram out and swapping it around, and all the usual things.

Any help would be welcome before I put my foot through the case! And buy a Mac!!!!!! Thanks.

Crimsonite

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2005
Try reseating the CPU and the heatsink, make sure you thoroughly clean those too with canned dustblower, but DO NOT spray the CPU closeup cuz you can freeze the core!

Here's a nice site that gives you info on the beep code messages, might tell you what problem the mobo is having.

Beep Code List: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic17013.html

AMD > Intel, .

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
Sounds like something came loose.

Is the HS fan still hooked up to the correct mobo header. Mighta come loose.

If you used compressed on the fan, might of damaged it, unless you held it so it didn't spin.

If the gfx card requires the extra power connector make sure its in there good.

Some of these NF2 boards gave the high temp/two-tone alarm when the thermal probe in the socket got outta place. Doesn't sound like you fooled with that though.

Mobile XP 2600+ (11X215)
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
1 gig Corsair XMS PC3200
eVGA 6800GT
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win2K sp4

G

Thanks for all your posts guys, I have now fixed it.
It seemed to be loose connection on the GFX card power lead.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
for future reference... the manual for this board or for all boards in that case there is always a BEEP LOG page.... it tells you what which beep sound sequence means what problem.

good luck in future.

"STOP BEING LAZY AND GOOGLE IT!"